Elephone p7000 Pioneer - Battery instant drain, how can I fix this?

kumed1969

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Elephone p7000 Pioneer - Battery instant drain

I recently bought and Elephone p7000 Pioneer and I am very much impressed with the specs and performance since I have been using it (bought in November last year)..

However I now have an issue where the phone instantly drains the battery. It will run quite normally for hours, doesn't get hot and it can happen even if the phone has had pretty much no used what so ever.

First port of call a new battery.. no joy it seemed to be running fine then looking back at the phone... dead. And I truly mean dead it drains the battery to a point where it wont even power on. The battery then takes a while to start charging again. It can be 30 minutes with the charger plugged in and only then it will begin charging.

The phone hasn't had any abuse, water damage or such.. puzzle.

Yes I am sure it could be a hardware fault but with all the issues of Android doing strange things with battery life is there another possibility?
Worth an ask before I look into getting it repaired or replaced so thanks for looking in.

Enjoy life it isn't a practice run.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

What you're describing sounds like it could be a dendrite in the battery (which can cause sudden dropoffs like that), but it would be unusual for it to happen in two batteries in a row.

kumed1969

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I would be happy to but i have been trrying to run it down through normal usage and it can be at around 75% then .. gone. Have now been trying out a different P7000 pioneer and that has been stable up until today when it did exactly the same thing. 2 phones, 3 batteries... surely it is not a manufacturing fault .. i have never heard of this instant drain before. Trying to contact Elephone about it but as yet no response.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca