Why is my battery dying within 5 minutes?

j3monkeymama

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
why is my battery dying within 5 minutes?

hi! I have a dragon touch m7 and my battery dies (without warning) within 5 minutes, literally! I have McAfee which reminds me regularly to clean it, boost it and check for power-consuming problems. the first symptom started about 2 weeks ago when it would go from 100% to a warning at 20% within 1 hr or so. but after the initial warning, the critical warning would come up within 2 minutes or less and then subsequently die before I could plug it in. it started doing this rather suddenly and within 2 weeks its progressed to this. the only things I have ever downloaded have come from Google play and I've stayed off all sites that were even potentially a problem thru McAfee.
the only other rarity I can think of is that on maybe 4 occasions my tablet would randomly start playing some sort of audio (one time it sounded like it was a cooking tutorial) and continued after closing all apps and stayed on even as tablet was on sleep. after rebooting, it was, of course, gone. I asked htg and got advice to call ghostbusters. another suggestion was to check for malware, which I did, and got the "all clear".
the only other oddity is that somehow my notification volume mysteriously goes to silent, but i'm confident that fault lies upon my son since he is very annoyed with my choice of tones---yoda!
thanks so much in advance for any assistance that anyone contributes. :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my battery dying within 5 minutes?

on maybe 4 occasions my tablet would randomly start playing some sort of audio (one time it sounded like it was a cooking tutorial) and continued after closing all apps and stayed on even as tablet was on sleep. the only other oddity is that somehow my notification volume mysteriously goes to silent
Added together, that says malware to me. It also says a full ROM reflash. (Even if the phone is asleep, anything waking it, including a virus, will wake it. The only way to avoid that is to run the phone in safe mode, and a virus can even get around that.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech