Battery is decreasing faster than normal

yui548

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Note 4. Recently the battery has been decreasing at a rate faster than usual. When I wake up in the morning, the battery have decreased 20%. Even when I put the phone in Ultra Power Saving Mode, it still decreases by around 10%. I only turn on Wi-Fi when I need to use it. When I use it it also seems like it heats up faster. When I turned on Safe Mode the problem did not appear so I tried deleting apps I downloaded one by one to see which one was causing it. After I deleted one of my apps, the problem stopped and I thought that app was causing the problem but after a few days the problem started again. I have deleted almost all of my third party apps. I don't know what to do anymore.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Start in safe mode (which will start with none of your installed apps running). If that doesn't fix it you may need a new battery. Constantly running it down to 10% or so can kill it in a few months. (Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries, they're just the ones with the highest power to weight ratio there is.)

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You can check to see what app is using the battery. My guess would be the battery is approaching the end of its useful life and you might want to replace it before it crashes your device... after you discounted naughty apps of course...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC