Battery indicator stuck on HTC One m8

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Since something about a month, my battery indicator is stuck at the percantege, which is shown when the phone is powered down. It is the only way to check real battery level, to turn the phone off, plug in charger, it shows "real" level. But when you power on, it is stuck on the same level as when powered off, no battery usage info in android settings.

I had stock Android 6.0 on this phone, thought that it's the system issue, so I installed android 7.1 Lineage OS, previously deleting everything via TWRP, but the problem is still the same, no change.

Phone and battery works as before, but this damned battery indicator is driving me nuts.

Tried calibarating with software and hardware, nothing helps

BayK

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Probably your battery sensor is broken. Charging level comes from the sensor, it is hardware, it might be broken

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Probably your battery sensor is broken. Charging level comes from the sensor, it is hardware, it might be broken

Agreed. If a factory reset does not fix it, then you may need to swap the battery itself. The battery controller is built in and included with the battery. Make sure you buy a genuine HTC battery. The aftermarket ones sometimes save money by putting fake sensors in. I had one like that. Battery shipping will be slow, as lithium ion cells are considered dangerous and have shipping restrictions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs