10-22-2013 04:52 PM
230 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Looks like they're getting zapped too. Almost all gone now.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yes, looks like they are all cleared out now.
    Crossing fingers.....
    Snazy likes this.
    09-21-2013 01:04 PM
    They did get rid of a bunch, but some more fakes showed up with like 15k 5star ratings. Wtf people.
    Crazy stuff!

09-21-2013 01:16 PM
    I'm in awe of how quickly and how many fakes keep appearing. And more to the point just HOW many people are stupid enough to keep downloading then and are rating them 5* because they are told to!

Can't believe how many people have downloaded it. But I guess that shows its popular.

The other thing I don't get is how many bull**** ratings can be given from seemingly spam accounts.

shrubr and trinamorgan88 like this.
    09-21-2013 01:26 PM
    Not all countries. Only New Zealand, Australia, and Malaysia so far.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    And now India. I don't get it, didn't they say they'll release BBM for iPhone on Sunday?? Shouldn't today be the Android release?

09-21-2013 01:51 PM
    And now India. I don't get it, didn't they say they'll release BBM for iPhone on Sunday?? Shouldn't today be the Android release?

It is officially Sunday local time in India. At least BB kept up that end of their release schedule.
    09-21-2013 01:56 PM
    And, once again Android gets the shaft.
    09-21-2013 02:25 PM
    Not all countries. Only New Zealand, Australia, and Malaysia so far.

Friend of mine got it in dominican republic

Beasty S4
    09-21-2013 02:34 PM
    I'm in awe of how quickly and how many fakes keep appearing. And more to the point just HOW many people are stupid enough to keep downloading then and are rating them 5* because they are told to!

Can't believe how many people have downloaded it. But I guess that shows its popular.

The other thing I don't get is how many bull**** ratings can be given from seemingly spam accounts.

Its not that people are "stupid". Some of the apps have very high ratings, have the blackberry symbol, are named BBM, and when you click it you see "official blackerry messenger for android devices".

It is stupid how the play store works and the fact that they let any retard with a PC bang out an app. It makes me miss iOS. Apparently there is no oversight whatsoever.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    shrubr, trinamorgan88 and Anilu7 like this.
    09-21-2013 02:39 PM
    Friend of mine got it in dominican republic

Beasty S4
    Probably from one of the App stores of the countries that got them. My friend already installed BBM on her iPhone from the New Zealand App Store since she couldn't wait till it gets released in our App Store. She deleted now, says there are lots of bugs and she couldn't see any display pictures.

09-21-2013 02:40 PM
    If this delay is solely due to the marketplace being flooded with fakes... Then Google can learn a thing or two from Apple; as BBM launched in iTunes without any major delays!
    whoahbro likes this.
    09-21-2013 02:42 PM
    You guys really like BBM over a solid alternative like Hangouts?
    a5pe4 likes this.
    09-21-2013 04:19 PM
    You bet!
    09-21-2013 04:24 PM
    You guys really like BBM over a solid alternative like Hangouts?
    I can honestly say hangouts is pretty boring.

09-21-2013 04:57 PM
    I just searched the Play Store for BBM and saw no fakes at all. Completely clean.

Snazy likes this.
    09-21-2013 05:01 PM
    I just searched the Play Store for BBM and saw no fakes at all. Completely clean.

And still no genuine one lol

09-21-2013 05:08 PM
    yup. crackberry is going nuts cuz of this lol
    09-21-2013 06:15 PM
    It's getting late in the day in North America, so I have a feeling we won't be seeing it today. I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

09-21-2013 06:19 PM
    It's getting late in the day in North America, so I have a feeling we won't be seeing it today. I'd love to be proved wrong, though.

It's 'early' again here in the UK and Saturday came and went. Other than some lame half hearted tweets from BBM there is no news, nothing.
    Will it arrive Sunday? Or will the flawless launch on iOS just a day after iPhone 5s came out just be all too convenient a coincidence for comfort.

Pfft, anyone would think BB was gonna sell out to Apple..... Lol

09-21-2013 06:33 PM
    The most irritating thing is that the company has offered zero information about what's going on. Of course, that's all too common for companies these days. When something goes wrong, they clam up, offering nothing but utterly useless statements that everyone on the planet can see through.

I can forgive companies having problems. We all have them. What I can't forgive is the complete lack of any real information about what's going on.

Snazy and whoahbro like this.
    09-21-2013 06:59 PM
    The most irritating thing is that the company has offered zero information about what's going on. Of course, that's all too common for companies these days. When something goes wrong, they clam up, offering nothing but utterly useless statements that everyone on the planet can see through.

I can forgive companies having problems. We all have them. What I can't forgive is the complete lack of any real information about what's going on.

Totally agree. The daft joke tweets with no info didn't help matters. Joking about not having to wait outside, and saying not long to go.... Followed by announcements that it was live for iOS.

As a BB user its all too common to be left in the dark, but this can only damage BB's reputation outside its usual circle, just as its trying to salvage its name.

09-21-2013 07:04 PM
    Yep. Just tell us something. Hell, if they just said they were having problems and would launch 24 hours late, I could live with that, and I think most other people could as well, but to offer nothing but snarky tweets is inexcusable. Who's running their Twitter account, an immature high school kid?

Snazy likes this.
    09-21-2013 07:14 PM
    Yep. Just tell us something. Hell, if they just said they were having problems and would launch 24 hours late, I could live with that, and I think most other people could as well, but to offer nothing but snarky tweets is inexcusable. Who's running their Twitter account, an immature high school kid?

Totally agree.

So in their own jokey childish fashion I tweeted this to them. Footage of their launch of BBM on Android...

http://m.gifbin.com/984990

09-21-2013 07:22 PM
    Yep, that about sums it up.

Snazy likes this.
    09-21-2013 07:32 PM
    Yep, that about sums it up.

Maybe I hit a nerve... just kidding. But they have just released this...

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/...W_TW1379807723

09-21-2013 07:37 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/...W_TW1379807723

Edit: oops was posting from phone and hadn't noticed someone already linked this.
    09-21-2013 07:48 PM
230 ... 45678 ...