10-22-2013 04:52 PM
230 ... 56789 ...
tools
    So it sounds like they've put the brakes on everything until further notice. Interesting that they also pulled the iOS app.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2013 07:49 PM
    So it sounds like they've put the brakes on everything until further notice. Interesting that they also pulled the iOS app.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

I suspect it will be up by 9AM EST (fingers crossed), however, the reason for the delay was the impatient users who installed the leak.
    The leak caused issues, and now because of some BlackBerry has to pause the rollout to fix the issues.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    09-21-2013 07:52 PM
    Yeah, but that doesn't explain also pulling the iOS app.

09-21-2013 07:57 PM
    Don't believe the hype!
    shrubr likes this.
    09-21-2013 08:04 PM
    Yeah, but that doesn't explain also pulling the iOS app.

Yeah, neither do I.
    Maybe the leaked version and OTHER attributes screwed something up?
    09-21-2013 08:19 PM
    I suspect it will be up by 9AM EST (fingers crossed), however, the reason for the delay was the impatient users who installed the leak.
    The leak caused issues, and now because of some BlackBerry has to pause the rollout to fix the issues.
    i saw their statement.

It sounds to me they discovered an unexpected bug thanks to the leaked version.

Either way this shows to me they weren't ready for prime time.
    09-21-2013 08:30 PM
    i saw their statement.

It sounds to me they discovered an unexpected bug thanks to the leaked version.

Either way this shows to me they weren't ready for prime time.
    There was a 'bug' for me but I didn't think much of it because I knew it wasn't the official release. I couldn't turn vibrate on and turn music updates off.

EDIT: I meant there is a bug as I've still got BBM installed and those bugs are still present.

09-21-2013 08:46 PM
    While those are definitely bugs, they wouldn't be severe enough to halt a launch. Whatever happened today was a show-stopper. I'm guessing that they discovered that the apps and servers didn't play well together. I'm also willing to bet that both the leaked apk and the release version had the same issue. In fact they're likely identical versions. It could be that the initial delay was related to the Play Store rejecting the app because someone had already uploaded the leaked version, but, as the leaked version was downloaded by more and more people, the engineers may have noticed adverse effects on the servers and realized that the release version would have the same effect. At that point, they'd have had no other choice but to halt the release until they can fix the problem.

whoahbro likes this.
    09-21-2013 09:21 PM
    If all goes according to previous blackberry launches, we should expect the release by xmas time. Next year.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    kkapoorr and trinamorgan88 like this.
    09-21-2013 10:17 PM
    So they said they'll pause the global roll out of BBM for iPhone until the Android issue gets resolved. And then will they start rolling it out for Android users or will they continue where they left off with the iPhone version? Need someone to clarify for me.

As soon as we are able, we will begin a staggered country roll-out of BBM for Android and continue the roll-out of BBM for iPhone. These issues have not impacted BBM service for BlackBerry.
    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    09-22-2013 01:01 AM
    can you still do the new zealand iphone bbm load?
    09-22-2013 06:11 AM
    Funny thing. The app store was all cleared out and now there are new bogus apps listed again. New email contact info this time. Wtf this is insane.
    09-22-2013 08:00 AM
    Probably because of the way the Play Store is set up. Unlike the Apple App Store, where every app must be approved before being made publicly available, anyone can post to the Play Store. Reviews are only done if someone reports an app to Google. And since there's no real punishment for getting your app removed, the scammers just keep putting them out there.

Maybe Google should require a deposit before a developer can post an app. If the app doesn't get pulled after a certain amount of time, they get their deposit back. If it does get pulled, they lose it. That would stop a lot of this crap.

Snazy, shrubr, kkapoorr and 1 others like this.
    09-22-2013 08:11 AM
    Probably because of the way the Play Store is set up. Unlike the Apple App Store, where every app must be approved before being made publicly available, anyone can post to the Play Store. Reviews are only done if someone reports an app to Google. And since there's no real punishment for getting your app removed, the scammers just keep putting them out there.

Maybe Google should require a deposit before a developer can post an app. If the app doesn't get pulled after a certain amount of time, they get their deposit back. If it does get pulled, they lose it. That would stop a lot of this crap.

If something like that happen, developers find other alternatives. It is not their fault that Google won't invest in a vetting process like Apple does. It will also encourage developers to start favoring Apple again. It won't stop the garbage either, they will just wait till they get their deposit and zap people with an update.
    09-22-2013 08:35 AM
    Seems to me like no one at RIM knows what they doing more like let's do this and see how it goes, They just weren't ready for the launch period, how can a leaked android apk affect the entire launch. Probably didn't have enough servers to launch BBM cross platform. Anyone who had a twitter account could see the buzz around this launch and they failed to deliver

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
    09-22-2013 08:38 AM
    Funny thing. The app store was all cleared out and now there are new bogus apps listed again. New email contact info this time. Wtf this is insane.
    Just had another mass go at reporting again. Getting tedious now.

shrubr and kkapoorr like this.
    09-22-2013 08:41 AM
    Just had another mass go at reporting again. Getting tedious now.

Never let the bastards wear you down......
    Snazy likes this.
    09-22-2013 08:49 AM
    Never let the bastards wear you down......
    Haha I wont

09-22-2013 08:55 AM
    Not doing a very good job are they!

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Attached Thumbnails 0411 No BBM yet /yawn-1379858384438.jpg  
    09-22-2013 08:59 AM
    Jus reported a bunch.

09-22-2013 09:11 AM
    OK bro. Thanks for starting the thread.
    09-22-2013 10:30 AM
    Lol fail post , but it looks like all the fake apps are gone now
    09-22-2013 10:31 AM
    can you still do the new zealand iphone bbm load?
    No. All BBM apps on the App Store got pulled.

09-22-2013 12:03 PM
    No. All BBM apps on the App Store got pulled.

Insanity! There are 9 apps still on at the app store.
    Wake me from this evil dream.
    09-22-2013 02:23 PM
    Insanity! There are 9 apps still on at the app store.
    Wake me from this evil dream.
    Yeah I'm not going to lie, I am getting pretty disenchanted with the Play Store

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    shrubr likes this.
    09-22-2013 03:54 PM
230 ... 56789 ...