0411 No BBM yet /yawn

shrubr

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing. The app store was all cleared out and now there are new bogus apps listed again. New email contact info this time. Wtf this is insane.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Probably because of the way the Play Store is set up. Unlike the Apple App Store, where every app must be approved before being made publicly available, anyone can post to the Play Store. Reviews are only done if someone reports an app to Google. And since there's no real punishment for getting your app removed, the scammers just keep putting them out there.

Maybe Google should require a deposit before a developer can post an app. If the app doesn't get pulled after a certain amount of time, they get their deposit back. If it does get pulled, they lose it. That would stop a lot of this crap.

Posted via Android Central App

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Probably because of the way the Play Store is set up. Unlike the Apple App Store, where every app must be approved before being made publicly available, anyone can post to the Play Store. Reviews are only done if someone reports an app to Google. And since there's no real punishment for getting your app removed, the scammers just keep putting them out there.

Maybe Google should require a deposit before a developer can post an app. If the app doesn't get pulled after a certain amount of time, they get their deposit back. If it does get pulled, they lose it. That would stop a lot of this crap.

If something like that happen, developers find other alternatives. It is not their fault that Google won't invest in a vetting process like Apple does. It will also encourage developers to start favoring Apple again. It won't stop the garbage either, they will just wait till they get their deposit and zap people with an update.

realsuprimo

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Seems to me like no one at RIM knows what they doing more like let's do this and see how it goes, They just weren't ready for the launch period, how can a leaked android apk affect the entire launch. Probably didn't have enough servers to launch BBM cross platform. Anyone who had a twitter account could see the buzz around this launch and they failed to deliver

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing. The app store was all cleared out and now there are new bogus apps listed again. New email contact info this time. Wtf this is insane.

Just had another mass go at reporting again. Getting tedious now.

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm not going to lie, I am getting pretty disenchanted with the Play Store

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Pretty stunned too at how quickly they keep popping back up too. Someone or an organisation out there really has a nasty agenda.

Anilu7

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
right it seems like its up now. am i right in thinking the developer should be Blackberry inc ?

BlackBerry Limited actually. If you do a search on Google Play for developer: BlackBerry Limited you will get official BB apps. A good clue is the spelling of BlackBerry. The fakes have only one capital B: Blackberry. If they can't spell it right then it's not a real BlackBerry app. Unfortunately, because of the leak, the rollout has been paused while it's disabled. :mad: *facepalm* Why don't people just have some patience and wait for the official version?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7