05-15-2014 12:57 PM
69 123
tools
    Still no joy... Now I remembered why I sold my Z10 a month ago ... BlackBerry, unfortunately, can not be taken seriously. I miss BBM, however.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    09-23-2013 05:25 AM
    i tried so many times sir its all fake there were no officially BBM available i am trying from 2 days its still cant fine i m in india ??
    give me link for that sir ?
    09-23-2013 06:39 AM
    i tried so many times sir its all fake there were no officially BBM available i am trying from 2 days its still cant fine i m in india ??
    give me link for that sir ?
    There are no official links yet, its not available. For as long as these idiots keep uploading fakes, and the other idiots keep giving them high ratings, the matter wont get resolved.
    09-23-2013 11:47 AM
    Hi Android and iPhone users,

This is Andrew Bocking, head of BBM at BlackBerry. As a follow up to our first blog post on Saturday, I want to take a moment to provide you with an update on the rollout of BBM on Android and iPhone.

Last week, an unreleased, older version of the BBM for Android app was posted on numerous file sharing sites. We were aware of an issue with this unreleased version of the BBM for Android app. This older version resulted in volumes of data traffic orders of magnitude higher than normal for each active user and impacted the system in abnormal ways. The version we were planning to release on Saturday addressed these issues, however we could not block users of the unreleased version if we went ahead with the launch.

We attempted to address the problems caused by the unreleased version throughout the day on Saturday, but as active users of the unreleased app neared a million – and accelerated – it became clear that the only way to address the issue was to pause the rollout for both Android and iPhone.

The team is now focused on adjusting the system to completely block this unreleased version of the Android app when we go live with the official BBM for Android app. We are also making sure that the system is reinforced to handle this kind of scenario in the future. While this may sound like a simple task – it’s not. This will take some time and I do not anticipate launching this week.

Thank you for your patience while we take the time needed to deliver the experience you expect from BBM. We will continue to provide you with updates here on InsideBlackBerry.com and through @BBM on Twitter. We will notify everyone who has pre-registered on BBM.com when BBM is available on Android and iPhone.

Andrew Bocking
    EVP, BBM
    09-23-2013 04:18 PM
    There are 60 Million people ACTIVE on BBM! WITHOUT it even being cross platform yet! Try doing some research before you stick the other foot in your mouth!
    I apologize for my statement. I guess I was judging on that I know no one on BBM - maybe in the future
    09-24-2013 02:44 AM
    Yes, it's working. People are using it. Download and it's yours

Posted via Android Central App

where is it dear frnd hows u download n working ok is really an official app for android give link
    ALCingularUser likes this.
    09-25-2013 01:23 AM
    where is it dear frnd hows u download n working ok is really an official app for android give link
    No, there is no official app. There was a version of the app that was leaked, but BlackBerry claims it was an old version that has been causing problems with their servers, and they say they plan to ban it from connecting to them. The rest--the ones you see in the Play Store -- are fakes, either containing adware or worse. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THEM!!! If you have already done so, you need to scan your device with antivirus software because there's a good chance it's infected with something.

So, no, there is no official BBM app at the moment. When one is released, I guarantee you that you'll read about it here.

Goris Lake likes this.
    09-25-2013 08:55 PM
    And a month later... BBM for Android is FINALLY here.

BBM for Android finally here today ... later ... eventually ... NOW! | Android Central

ALL Latest BBM posts:

bbm | Android Central
    VDub2174 likes this.
    10-21-2013 04:58 PM
    The site says it'll work on anything up to a 7" screen. The Google Play store says my Nexus 7 isn't compatible?!? By way of comparison, the old leaked version even worked on my old Galaxy Tab 10.1. Instead of backwards compatibility, we're just moving backwards?
    10-21-2013 05:26 PM
    I'm still stuck on the Settig up BBM screen. It goes no where.
    10-21-2013 06:11 PM
    Same here. It let me set up a BlackBerry ID, and I know it worked because I got a welcome e-mail, but the app is stuck on "setting up BBM". I even rebooted my phone, but it didn't help.

10-21-2013 08:28 PM
    Same here. It let me set up a BlackBerry ID, and I know it worked because I got a welcome e-mail, but the app is stuck on "setting up BBM". I even rebooted my phone, but it didn't help.

I solved it. For some reason, after rebooting, it was getting stuck on "Opening BBM". I went into Applications and force stopped BBM, then restarted it from the app drawer, and it opened right up.

10-21-2013 08:44 PM
    10-21-2013 11:15 PM
    Same here
    10-22-2013 07:48 AM
    10-22-2013 08:11 AM
    I installed last night on a HTC One and a Samsung S4. I use it to do a bit of conversation not a whole bunch. So far this am not too bad of battery drain. I love BBM. I missed BBM as I moved over from BB 6 months ago and I seem to only miss a few things. I miss BBM and a more robust set of notification setting and sounds. Repeat notifications too. Anyway I love BBM my family has found it to be the best way to interact. It seems to function just fine. Not a power user but sure enjoy bbm
    10-22-2013 09:04 AM
    The site says it'll work on anything up to a 7" screen. The Google Play store says my Nexus 7 isn't compatible?!? By way of comparison, the old leaked version even worked on my old Galaxy Tab 10.1. Instead of backwards compatibility, we're just moving backwards?
    Just download the APK from Google Play and install it on your Nexus 7. Runs great.
    10-23-2013 06:50 AM
    Thank you blackberry team. I was wanting this app. Its really great user friendly and smooth
    10-23-2013 10:05 AM
    05-15-2014 12:57 PM
69 123