Welcome (and welcome back) to the wonderful world of BBM

CrackBerry Kevin

Mobile Nations Chief Media Officer
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello Android Central!

With BBM officially becoming available for Android today (for FREE!), I just wanted to personally welcome all of you to what is still the best IM platform out there on mobile today.

I know a lot of Android Central forum members are former CrackBerry members and BlackBerry users, so you know what it means to now have BBM available on your Android phones. Welcome back.

And to those of you who have never experienced it before, I really hope you do give it a try. It's fast, it's reliable. It's addictive. IM apps like Whatsapp have done their best to emulate BBM over the last couple of years and have come a long way, but I think you'll still appreciate the power of the originator. And more features will be coming to it soon, like BBM Channels, voice and video.

Give it a go. Add your friends. Add your colleagues. Add your fellow Android Central members. Join some BBM groups (you can find plenty here). Enjoy it and love it long time.

Welcome to BBM!

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just watched yesterday's podcast and noted the closing ray of hope was 'hey BBM goes x-platform tomorrow'..... And yet we wait :(

Just keeping their reputation as discussed in the podcast, once again BlackBerry are late... Or maybe its Googles fault... Either way, launch came and went. And all the Play store has is a bunch of fakes to irritate people and put them off bothering with BBM.

Posted via Android Central App

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
PS I agree that its the best IM out there, and will be even better when they get voice and video available x-platform too.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of Fakes! How exactly is Google allowing that CRAP in the store? Starting to seem like they are just looking for Quantity over Quality just so they can say they have more apps than the iStore.

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of Fakes! How exactly is Google allowing that CRAP in the store? Starting to seem like they are just looking for Quantity over Quality just so they can say they have more apps than the iStore.

One sneeky fake here and there OK. But most of the BBM ones are the same dev too. Yet no alarm bells went off. Poor!

Clean it up Google. And hurry up with the real one please!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what the actual official release version will be? The leak is 1.0.0.42 and honestly it's working great! No issues. I did however already have a blackberry ID that I used from when I had a Blackberry and didn't have to create one, so that COULD be why.
Anyone know the official release version>?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles