Welcome (and welcome back) to the wonderful world of BBM

AZBoy28

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I'll be signing up unfortunately - this won't be as popular Skype or Viber. There's no point joining something where not much people are on.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'll be signing up unfortunately - this won't be as popular Skype or Viber. There's no point joining something where not much people are on.

There are 60 Million people ACTIVE on BBM! WITHOUT it even being cross platform yet! Try doing some research before you stick the other foot in your mouth!

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I am actually rooting for blackberry and thought that they wouldn't screw up the one part of the company that could still work for them. Has anyone over at blackberry ever just considered beta testing it and then just surprising us with a release? Obviously they can't make a deadline so why constantly annoy people and just release it as a surprise after everything is worked out

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just thought of something.....I wonder if Samsung is having second thoughts on making the deal with Blackberry to have BBM as a default app on their devices.....?

meashish

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
i tried so many times sir its all fake there were no officially BBM available i am trying from 2 days its still cant fine i m in india ??
give me link for that sir ?

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i tried so many times sir its all fake there were no officially BBM available i am trying from 2 days its still cant fine i m in india ??
give me link for that sir ?

There are no official links yet, its not available. For as long as these idiots keep uploading fakes, and the other idiots keep giving them high ratings, the matter wont get resolved.

arukaen

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Android and iPhone users,

This is Andrew Bocking, head of BBM at BlackBerry. As a follow up to our first blog post on Saturday, I want to take a moment to provide you with an update on the rollout of BBM on Android and iPhone.

Last week, an unreleased, older version of the BBM for Android app was posted on numerous file sharing sites. We were aware of an issue with this unreleased version of the BBM for Android app. This older version resulted in volumes of data traffic orders of magnitude higher than normal for each active user and impacted the system in abnormal ways. The version we were planning to release on Saturday addressed these issues, however we could not block users of the unreleased version if we went ahead with the launch.

We attempted to address the problems caused by the unreleased version throughout the day on Saturday, but as active users of the unreleased app neared a million – and accelerated – it became clear that the only way to address the issue was to pause the rollout for both Android and iPhone.

The team is now focused on adjusting the system to completely block this unreleased version of the Android app when we go live with the official BBM for Android app. We are also making sure that the system is reinforced to handle this kind of scenario in the future. While this may sound like a simple task – it’s not. This will take some time and I do not anticipate launching this week.

Thank you for your patience while we take the time needed to deliver the experience you expect from BBM. We will continue to provide you with updates here on InsideBlackBerry.com and through @BBM on Twitter. We will notify everyone who has pre-registered on BBM.com when BBM is available on Android and iPhone.

Andrew Bocking
EVP, BBM

AZBoy28

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
There are 60 Million people ACTIVE on BBM! WITHOUT it even being cross platform yet! Try doing some research before you stick the other foot in your mouth!

I apologize for my statement. I guess I was judging on that I know no one on BBM - maybe in the future :D

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
where is it dear frnd hows u download n working ok is really an official app for android give link

No, there is no official app. There was a version of the app that was leaked, but BlackBerry claims it was an old version that has been causing problems with their servers, and they say they plan to ban it from connecting to them. The rest--the ones you see in the Play Store -- are fakes, either containing adware or worse. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THEM!!! If you have already done so, you need to scan your device with antivirus software because there's a good chance it's infected with something.

So, no, there is no official BBM app at the moment. When one is released, I guarantee you that you'll read about it here.

Posted via Android Central App

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
The site says it'll work on anything up to a 7" screen. The Google Play store says my Nexus 7 isn't compatible?!? By way of comparison, the old leaked version even worked on my old Galaxy Tab 10.1. Instead of backwards compatibility, we're just moving backwards?