There are lots of fake bbm at Google Play!
    How do we figure out which one is THE REAL ONE?
    09-21-2013 06:58 AM
    Check the developer of the app. I would expect the BBM app to come from a registered name like "BlackBerry" or "Research In Motion" if they're using that name (not sure if they can since the company renamed to BlackBerry)
    09-21-2013 07:00 AM
    these apps its on the play store from 3 month ago,, you can find the real on the blackberry messenger page on the blackberry site
    09-21-2013 07:01 AM
    Check the developer of the app. I would expect the BBM app to come from a registered name like "BlackBerry" or "Research In Motion" if they're using that name (not sure if they can since the company renamed to BlackBerry)
    Sadly a few of the fakes have been allowed to use names like RIM. blackberry and even Google. Would just get the link via bbm.com or something

Posted via Android Central App
    Mohamed Darwish likes this.
    09-21-2013 07:11 AM
    Does Google have ZERO oversight of apps on the play store? It is SO annoying. Makes me miss iOS.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    09-21-2013 02:31 PM
    Does Google have ZERO oversight of apps on the play store? It is SO annoying. Makes me miss iOS.

Actually Google now reviews applications as soon as they are reported. Its part of their "clean up the play store" movement.

I'll repeat this here, if you find a fake report it. As stated above reported apps are reviewed immediately now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Snazy likes this.
    09-21-2013 03:38 PM
    Actually Google now reviews applications as soon as they are reported. Its part of their "clean up the play store" movement.

I'll repeat this here, if you find a fake report it. As stated above reported apps are reviewed immediately now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I appreciate your response but "apps are reviewed" doesn't mean much to me. Literally 10 friends and I (who knows how many others) report an app that clearly and blatantly deceives ("BlackBerry Messenger", "Official BBM" ) and low and behold a days later it's still there (hours later for one I'm referring to) . So I suppose I should ask what "review" means (I'm honestly not being sarcastic).

Snazy likes this.
    09-21-2013 04:22 PM
    Easiest way... follow @bbm and @blackberry on twitter... you'll know which one is real.

- twitter.com/bbm
    - twitter.com/blackberry

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    09-22-2013 08:59 AM
    The official dev is "Blackberry Limited" https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited
    09-22-2013 09:02 AM
    what the hell there in google play store ... all blogs news say BBM avail for android on 21sep... still there were no BBM is available officially
    have any link or country related release ....... ????? why BBM push us behind wall
    09-23-2013 06:45 AM
    what the hell there in google play store ... all blogs news say BBM avail for android on 21sep... still there were no BBM is available officially
    have any link or country related release ....... ????? why BBM push us behind wall

it's been delayed.
    09-23-2013 09:40 AM
    10-21-2013 11:23 PM