Any way to retrieve my old PIN?

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I logged into BBM for Android with my old BlackBerry ID, but for some reason got a new PIN. Is there any way to get my old PIN back or are PINs device specific, rather than account specific?

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly, each Blackberry device came with a specific PIN that was printed on the inside label, so maybe device specific. I know you can only have one device at a time on BBM also.

arukaen

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
PINs are based off the IMEI of the device. So a PIN is stuck to whatever device. Anytime you switch devices you get a new PIN.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Pins on BlackBerries are hardcoded and specific to device. I suspect with the Android and iOS versions, they just tie a virtual pin to your BBID.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
With actual BlackBerry devices, the PIN is hard coded to the device.

Your BBID is tied to you. So, when you log into your BBID, it gets linked to the current device you are using.

When someone sends you a message, it goes to the device you are currently using. If you change devices, the messages follow you, based on your BBID.

PIN messages are messages sent to a specific PIN, irregardless of who is using the device. There is no telling who gets the message, since it was sent to a device, not a person.

I just switched devices this weekend (Note 2 to a Note 3). When I signed on to BBM, it gave me a new PIN number. So it seems that even the Android version will follow the same philosophy.