My Phone's Benchmark is ____ (good or bad)?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd be worried if it was on ART, some apps don't work since they haven't been optimized but Dalvik should work perfectly :p

Posted via Android Central App

Is it safe to switch back? It took 10 or 15 minutes to optimize all the apps. (And I realized I have far too many on here!) 👻😓

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Is it safe to switch back? It took 10 or 15 minutes to optimize all the apps. (And I realized I have far too many on here!) 👻😓

I've switched back and forth a few times when testing out apps and haven't had any problems. 🙈 🙉 🙊

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Yes, it should work fine if you switch back and forth. Agree with the post above

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it should work fine if you switch back and forth. Agree with the post above

Thanks. I'd have multiquoted but I can't do that in Tapatalk (at least not that I know of). 😸

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
so did the result beat S4?

Yes it does, and it gets close to the gn3 too. Also, I just realised I had heaps of apps doing background tasks during the test - this time I got ~ 33000 (better than lg g2, sgs4, htc one, sgs2 and sony xperia z...)

Additionlly, I am running different optimised dalvik libraries which give me such high scores (that could be why I got double what you got...)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Benchmark's don't mean a whole lot, so I wouldn't worry about scores being "high" or "low". In my opinion, just use the device and have fun with it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Benchmark's don't mean a whole lot, so I wouldn't worry about scores being "high" or "low". In my opinion, just use the device and have fun with it.

Yeah, especially since the software has more effect on performance than the hardware :-\

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering about these phones from a historical context. According to this page:

LGE Nexus 5 - Geekbench Browser

The Nexus 5 scores for multi-core floating point operations per second are: 528 MFLOPS, 618 MFLOPS, 1.53 GFLOPS, or 1.98 GFLOPS (depending on the test run). Looking on this page:

Tha Past and the Future of the Supercomputer. Historical Review ? Tech review

The 1976 Cray 1 scored 250 MFLOPS and the 1984 Russian M13 scored 2.4 GFLOPS. So, this little handheld device costing somewhere around $400 falls somewhere around a late 1970s to early 1980s supercomputer. Heck, in my day, we used to ooh and aah over that Cray 1 as being the cat's pajamas.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
umy8ynyr.jpg

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering about these phones from a historical context. According to this page:

LGE Nexus 5 - Geekbench Browser

The Nexus 5 scores for multi-core floating point operations per second are: 528 MFLOPS, 618 MFLOPS, 1.53 GFLOPS, or 1.98 GFLOPS (depending on the test run). Looking on this page:

Tha Past and the Future of the Supercomputer. Historical Review ? Tech review

The 1976 Cray 1 scored 250 MFLOPS and the 1984 Russian M13 scored 2.4 GFLOPS. So, this little handheld device costing somewhere around $400 falls somewhere around a late 1970s to early 1980s supercomputer. Heck, in my day, we used to ooh and aah over that Cray 1 as being the cat's pajamas.

Can't remember the site but I read another one where it mentioned that we have more storage in our smart phones than supercomputers from around this time as well lol
And they were $1,000,000+ :eek: