Wakeful App: Looking for Beta Testers

NickBudden

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

We understand that we are new to these forums and hope that our post won't be taken as spam, but we wanted to announce the coming launch of our app, Wakeful talking alarm, for the Android which will be available to the first Android Central users who register for the Beta.

So what is Wakeful? Glad you asked. We're the first Android application to replace your conventional alarm clock's buzzer with a wake-up message custom tailored to starting your day off right. Wakeful wakes you up by reading aloud the time of day, the day's most current weather forecast, the morning's breaking news, as well as important stock information.

Does that sound like a bit more of an enjoyable morning to you? We sure hope it does. If you'd be interested in trying out the Beta, make sure you head over to Wakeful.com/android.php before the Beta fills up! We would love to hear your feedback (good or bad) on how the app is running, and how it brightens up your morning!

Eric Gunther

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, wake alarm that talks as well is a great idea but again you could record your voice and use it in the alarm, what's so special about it?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
@Eric: Wakeful reads news headlines and the weather and stuff - probably not something you're going to want to record the night before just to have your phone say it back to you in the morning (grin).

NickBudden

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
@Eric: Wakeful reads news headlines and the weather and stuff - probably not something you're going to want to record the night before just to have your phone say it back to you in the morning (grin).

Thanks for chiming in! You're right, Wakeful reads off up to date news and weather that's timed to be no more than an hour old when you wake up. You're able to customize your news to what interests you most, and turn of what doesn't.

Eric Gunther

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for correcting me there and i really sounded so dumb but honestly the name of the app made me think about it that way, so it should have been related something more of news or at least a word or two to tell about the nature or working of the app.

Eric Gunther

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
any news when you people would be uploading this app on the android market, will be really looking for to the release of this app :) . thanks.

Chronos88

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend that everyone sign up for this beta and try this app out. I beta tested it on BlackBerry a while ago and ended up buying it a couple of months later because it was so great. Since then, they've put in a couple new features like being able to customize exactly what news you want to hear.

It's really neat. Can't wait to see it on Android so I can use it again.

NickBudden

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Sorry for the delay, when we wrote this post we thought we were just about ready to release our beta, but just before release we hit a few hiccups that delayed the release! But, we're happy to say that Wakeful's Beta has finally been released and is available in the Android Marketplace at the following link: http://bit.ly/WakefulAndroid

To all those who signed up for our Beta on our website, thank you! If you're reading this thread before getting an email from us, you should be getting an email from us very soon with a link to the beta!