Gas saver calculator app

hanielserrato

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if im posting in the correct forum, so sorry if im not. Yesterday when leaving work I noticed my car was running low on gas. So I looked at the gas stations gas prices. The cheapest one was like two miles away from where my father stays, so I decided to pay him a visit and on my way back , take a different route home and pum some gas. The gas station I usually go to is about a mile from home and it was like 5 cents mor expensive than the one I pumped at. When returning home I started thinking if it was actually worth the 5 cents per gallon I saved. So I thought it would be great if a dev. made an app that calculates how much if any you save based on gas price, extra distance traveled and amount of gas($ or gallons) pumped.

Once again sorry if its the wrong forum.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Not meaning to sound rude... but all of that can be calculated by a 8th grader on a 10-digit calculator.... just take the time and do it, it wont take long

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The one thing missing is the usage - IOW, how many miles per gallon you got during that trip. And unless you have a car with an accurate mpg meter, and you wanted to reset it for that one little trip, you can't know that. (Drive a car with such a meter and you'll see that mileage can vary all over the place depending not only on traffic but on the ambient temperature and on how warmed-up the engine is.) You can do a rough approximation in your head if, as Hezx said, you have an elementary school education and a rough idea of how many mpg your car gets.