10-14-2010 12:51 PM
26 12
tools
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a few brave souls to try "word game meets sort of an RPG" on their devices - especially older ones like the G1. Hoping to figure out any compatibility problems before it actually hits the market.

It's the full version, but set to expire in a week.

More info, youtube vid, etc here.

Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies - Home
    10-07-2010 06:13 PM
    played through 3 dungeons really enjoyed it. I have a rooted Dinc w/ 2.2 Just to let you know. keep my in tuned when you release a full version, I will defiantly buy it, love the word games
    10-09-2010 09:06 PM
    Playing the fourth dungeon, with two fights left and a book comes to the middle of the screen and the game crashes and causes a reboot of the phone. Think just killed the grizzle bear. Have a Droid X on Froyo.

Enjoyed the game so far.
    10-09-2010 11:13 PM
    download just finished, running 2.2 rooted evo 4g tell ya what i think tomorrow!
    10-11-2010 06:39 PM
    Droid X 2.2, on dungeon 17... sound died when i got to dungeon 13.

well that was fun

414,000 points.

alright... so I can't edit my high score name... so i guess that is a bug.
    10-11-2010 06:48 PM
    May I just say:

1. Looks interesting! Just played for about 2 minutes until my 3 year old tried to help.

2. LORD was a formative part of my youth. Thank you.
    10-11-2010 07:09 PM
    I played through to dungeon 5 and it's working great on my stock 2.2.1 Nexus One. It's really fun, too!
    10-11-2010 07:11 PM
    So... outta curiosity... I knew a Seth Robinson awhile back.... Back during my BBS days, he was a great game author (LORD, LORD II, Planets TEOS).. and later was developing a game called: 'Dink Smalllwood'...

You wouldn't happen to be the same Seth, egh?

Regardless.. testing it out
    10-11-2010 07:30 PM
    So... outta curiosity... I knew a Seth Robinson awhile back.... Back during my BBS days, he was a great game author (LORD, LORD II, Planets TEOS).. and later was developing a game called: 'Dink Smalllwood'...

Dink Smallwood? I'm pretty sure I lost about 100 study hours playing that game in college. Great game.
    10-11-2010 08:16 PM
    worked great on my Droid X 2.2. It's like Boggle with RPG elements. Best of the luck with the game
    10-11-2010 08:54 PM
    Got my GF to play it and she got hooked (since she loves scrambling word games)

And it runs great on my G1 (yeah i still own a g1) running on CM6

The game didn't launch at first, until I rebooted but now it works fine, at the moment of this post shes at dungeon 10 and no crashes so far

Great sound, game play and graphics
    Will definitely buy when it comes out

Hope there will be more features!
    Good luck with this project and hopefully future ones
    10-11-2010 09:32 PM
    worked well on my CM6 Hero. Went through the first 6 levels with no problems.
    10-11-2010 10:02 PM
    it froze on fight #2 in Dungeon 6 for me, whole phone restarted. Running a DX on 2.2
    10-12-2010 12:10 AM
    Went through the game pretty quickly this evening, finishing one my second try. No crashes on my Epic, but the sounds cut out a couple of times. Loved the random objects found and the rats appearing appropriately. I used dink as a word, and ducks appeared though.

The shake to jumble is a little sensitive.

Drop me a note if you need any future testing. Good luck!
    10-12-2010 02:50 AM
    Epic 4G here. Will download now and test out later today and come back with results.
    10-12-2010 05:09 AM
    This game is great! I was up far too late playing it last night It seemed to work fine on my CDMA Hero (running CM6) though admittedly I was playing it without sound so I wouldn't wake anyone up.

The only problem I ran into was with entering my name for the high score lists. The game is in landscape mode but the keyboard showed up in portrait mode. I'm using the HTC_IME mod for a keyboard, didn't try it with the stock keyboard.
    10-12-2010 10:23 AM
    I've played only about five minutes staying in kids mode. I will definitely buy this game when you release it. Later today I'll play my way all the way through the game, sbut here are some preliminary suggestions. Brighten or lighten the quest pictures a bit. On my streak, with brightness set at about 80%, I couldn't tell what the Brown rodent looked like nor could I read the screen that told me how many points I had just earned. Also, offer the player the option to turn off all sounds. Not only did the clicks and sound effects frighten my cat, but I could never play this in bed after my husband fell asleep. I imagine I'll find more variety of tasks in the adult modes, but just in case... Perhaps not just spells to kill off monsters, perhaps not just simple Scrabble- like unscrambles but also, occasionally, letters that all make up one master $10 word. Or requiring the player not only to unscramble the word, but define it usingo one or two synonyms.. Or something.
    10-12-2010 11:05 AM
    Played the first 3 dungeons on my Samsung Captivate. Ran nice and quick. Sounded good, looked good. I did experience one troubling issue though. The game didn't seem to want to keep the screen active while it was running. So one time when I took a little longer than usual to decide on a word, the screen went black after the display timed out. When I "woke it up", the game was still running, but the Monster Portrait and the Letter tile backgrounds were just blank white squares. So I couldn't see the picture of what I was fighting, and though I could see the actual Letters, I couldn't see the tile color (temporary or starting) or if they were a Bonus tile (2x, 3x). Loved the game though!
    10-12-2010 11:11 AM
    Played it three times in a row. After the third time I went to play again and it froze on the level selection menu for a bit. It then started a game but froze again.

Fun game, I'll keep playing and posting.

Rooted DX running 2.2
    10-12-2010 11:34 AM
    Ok, just went to play again and the tiles just kept shuffling. Closed the game restarted and the same thing happened.
    10-12-2010 12:22 PM
    Ok, just went to play again and the tiles just kept shuffling. Closed the game restarted and the same thing happened.
    Try disabling the shake to jumble in options.
    10-12-2010 02:13 PM
    I have a great time playing this, however there is a problem when submitting a username or whenever you want to type a text. The orientation of the game doesn't change when you are submitting in text... EVO 4G 2.2
    10-12-2010 05:05 PM

Yep...same guy.

Code Dojo
    10-12-2010 06:36 PM
    Played through dungeon 15 or so last night and loved it. Definitely worth a purchase.

At one point I did hit the "Toggle Music" option to turn the sound off, but it came back on the next dungeon.

It also froze up a little bit at one point. Everything just became unresponsive for a minute or so before just getting back to it.

Device info: MyTouch 3G Slide running a CyanogenMod 6 based ROM.
    10-13-2010 09:22 AM
    Try disabling the shake to jumble in options.
    Good call, good call.
    10-13-2010 07:03 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD