I am developing an app that will alert you about specials or happy hour deals for bars in your area. The app will go off your gps location. I know when I travel I am always looking for a good place to get a cheap drink. Figured an app like this would be pretty useful for those of us that like to socialize while consuming alcoholic beverages.

The app doesn't have to be limited to happy hours, could be resturuant deals or nightclub specials. The point is to have a way for bars/restuarants/nightclubs to have a way to send out deals to people in the area. And for those deals to go to people who are actively looking for some cheap drinks or food.

Tell me what you think about the idea. Would you get it? Do you think you would use it to find good deals. Would you be interested in once you found a good deal to post it to twitter and/or facebook so your friends could meet up with you.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    10-28-2010 01:55 PM
    I personally think this is a great idea. Now would these hours or deals be user generated? Like say I know a few clubs and the happy hours they have would I get to enter them through the app or would the club somehow enter them?

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro
    11-05-2010 02:51 AM
    I would definitely download and use an app like that. I'm kind of surprised it isn't already built into Yelp or Places.
    11-05-2010 02:54 AM
    i second that
    11-07-2010 09:55 PM
    This app would be awesome, but how will you get the content? There are two ways:

1. Rely on users to generate the information for you, a la GasBuddy. Guessing your immediate way of making money is AdMob. You'll also need to enter a user confirmation system so users aren't just making up BS.

2. Work directly with the bars. Much more work, but it's nice to establish contact since you can leverage that relationship later. Problem is, restaurants and bars are less likely to update their information, even if it is "free and painless." Nature of the business.

I think there is something called BarTab that is starting to pickup steam in SF and LA. Not exactly sure how they make money, but I never asked my own customers.

I work with restaurants every day, so if you have so questions better suited via PM, feel free to holler.
    11-11-2010 10:24 AM
    id so download that
    11-22-2010 09:45 AM
    Great idea! I would be very interested in this app. The problem would definently be the updates. Good luck and I will keep an eye out for this!
    12-04-2010 09:36 PM
    I would certainly use an app with that ability.
    12-31-2010 06:13 PM
    How about something like the apple app eventful. It tells you about all the events in your area and you request an event to come to your area.
    01-13-2011 09:43 AM
    This is actually exactly what my app already does. It's called BoozeHound and I just COMPLETELY revamped the UI and added a TON of features!!

We are going to start doing weekly contests to give away FREE BEER so download from the Android market and create a free account today!
    01-27-2011 12:21 PM