[FREE][GAME][4.*] Helium Pig - beta test

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello, droids!

If someone wants to help in testing my game here is the right place :)

How to participate:

- Subscribe to my beta testers community on Google+
- Confirm that you would like to participate in beta
- Install app via Google Play

Please share your feedback here, or on the community page.

What to test:
- googlePlay services (achievements, playing signed in/signed out, etc...)
- everything else (level issues, crashes, etc...).

Thanks!
Oink! Oink!

myth007

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Really good to know that u r using libgdx, Sweat and simple game engine to work on with stage and actors :). App seems nice. Few suggestions:
1. Add a loading screen while you load game for first time, you can use screen to show some image with progress bar.
2. Focus on pig, it is not very much visible in black and white.
3. Change text to black, white is not good with background of black and white, i hope you must be working on all these things.
4. Highlight Play button, had to look around to find where it is on first time game load. Same with other buttons like replay when in black and white mode.
5. What about coins, can i use them to start from where i lost, can i buy them. It is a good way to monetize, may be later along with pig colors. Just saw its colored version, why is that not default?
7. Game should show me active level, it always show from level 1, i have to scroll down and find my last played level. Annoying.
8. not even able to find colored mode for first 10 mins, then saw it by trying to find what all buttons do.
9. Game crashes on going to help and then trying to tap ok button.
10. Back button of mobile should show me exit popup so that i can exit game when playing level.

Hope my feedback is useful. Concept is old, but using pig is really interesting, i love Oink Oink sound.

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Really good to know that u r using libgdx, Sweat and simple game engine to work on with stage and actors :). App seems nice. Few suggestions:
1. Add a loading screen while you load game for first time, you can use screen to show some image with progress bar.
2. Focus on pig, it is not very much visible in black and white.
3. Change text to black, white is not good with background of black and white, i hope you must be working on all these things.
4. Highlight Play button, had to look around to find where it is on first time game load. Same with other buttons like replay when in black and white mode.
5. What about coins, can i use them to start from where i lost, can i buy them. It is a good way to monetize, may be later along with pig colors. Just saw its colored version, why is that not default?
7. Game should show me active level, it always show from level 1, i have to scroll down and find my last played level. Annoying.
8. not even able to find colored mode for first 10 mins, then saw it by trying to find what all buttons do.
9. Game crashes on going to help and then trying to tap ok button.
10. Back button of mobile should show me exit popup so that i can exit game when playing level.

Hope my feedback is useful. Concept is old, but using pig is really interesting, i love Oink Oink sound.

Thanks for your feed back. It is always useful to hear what others think :)

1. Loading screen already exists when you start the game. It is not very nice (black screen with orange progress bar). Maybe I should add some image or logo.
2. I agree. Good point.
3. yes, sketchy mode needs some redesigns (including the fonts, etc...). I already work on some issues.
4. same as 3.
5. Next update will bring leaderboard and scores. Also, you will be able to continue from where you stopped last time (on main menu there will be "New game" and "continue" options). I am also thinking about some checkpoint flags (so you don't need to start level from the beginning), but I am not sure yet about that.
Helium pig will never have in-app purchase! There are 2 reasons for that. First, games with in-app purchase are often just money collecting apps. You can't make real progress if you do not pay. I hate that. Second, here in my country I am unable to sell apps (nor to use in-app purchase).

Just saw its colored version, why is that not default?
I talked with some friends about what mode should be default, and most of them voted for sketchy mode. That is the only reason :)

7.Good point. See previous point (about saving game/"new game"/"continue", etc...).
8. Do you have any suggestion about how to make this more obvious?
9. Is this happen always? I cant reproduce that issue on my device?
10. Can you be more specific?
When you are in the Main screen (menu), back button will close the game. It make sense to add popup here.
But, during the gameplay, back button will show "pause dialog". Does back button closes the game when you are in the gameplay?

Again, thanks for your feed back. I appreciate that :)

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I just released the new version! In next hours it should be available to googlePlay.
What's new:
- Score and leaderboard!
- artwork improvement
- save / continue game
- move to SD card (on Johnny Gallagher's request :) )
- vibration on/of (on gtman55's request)
- and more...

For myth007:
points 2 and 8 are implemented. Some of the rest in some of the next updates.

To all, I dare you to beat my highscore :p

View attachment 144987

View attachment 144988

pacman06

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Good version of the well known flappy bird game. Unfortunatly I'm as bad with your version as with the original one :) It would be good if you find a way to make it more easy and renew the game. I think the sketchy mode gives more originality and its own identity to your game.

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Good version of the well known flappy bird game. Unfortunatly I'm as bad with your version as with the original one :) It would be good if you find a way to make it more easy and renew the game. I think the sketchy mode gives more originality and its own identity to your game.

That is actually a big problem for me :)
Some people complain that game is easy and some that the game is too hard.
If I make the game too easy it will be short, if I make it too hard the people will stop playing.
I am working now on next update and I'll try to make the game more easy in the way that will not ruin the gameplay.

zchira

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
New version is released.
News:
- levels polishing. Try to play from the beginning, you will notice some changes on most levels
- new leaderboard (score per life)
- new achievements (100, 300, and 600 points)
- new achievements (150 and 500 points in one life)
- modesty levels and bonuses (complete level without taking any coins for extra points)

28wkx2v.png

34j4r6e.png

ngkthea

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
This is a game similar to Flappy Bird. I'm not a big fan of the words or the loading screen because they look pixelated on my phone and it makes me dizzy. Other than that, I like the idea more than flappy bird, this game is much easier to play than flappy bird in my opinion and I love that there are additional levels.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey