Smarter Alarm - Wake up to info being read to you

edawerd

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

This is Edward, developer of Car Locator. I just soft-launched my latest app and I wanted to tap this wonderful community to help me test it out and gather feedback before I start promoting it.

The app is called "Smarter Alarm". Basically, instead of waking up to a blaring sound in the morning, Smarter Alarm will read customizable information to you, like the morning's weather, stock prices, headline news, sports scores, your friends' birthdays and more. It's similar to Iron Man's "Jarvis" alarm clock.

I'll be adding more feeds in future updates, but I wanted to gauge interest before putting in the time =)

I'd really appreciate any bug reports, feature requests, and improvements you might have! If you can find any verifiable bugs, I'll happily reward you with a free copy of the full version of any of my other apps: "Car Locator", "Copy Paste It" and "Screenshot It".

Heres the market link: market://details?id=com.edwardkim.android.smarteralarm

Thanks!

p.s. The app is also entered in Verizon's VDC Power your app contest under the "information" category. Please vote for me! (http://poweryourappcontest.com/Protected/ApplicationListVote.aspx)

androinerd

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

Was wondering if in the coming versions you can add the ability to have multiple alarms.... (Say one for the weekend, and one for the weekdays!)

It would also be awesome if we could pull our Google Reader feed topics too for the news!

Thanks,

Androinerd

Reactions: yellowsun

edawerd

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

Was wondering if in the coming versions you can add the ability to have multiple alarms.... (Say one for the weekend, and one for the weekdays!)

It would also be awesome if we could pull our Google Reader feed topics too for the news!

Thanks,

Androinerd

Of course! i've already implemented generic RSS feeds for the next update to be released next week. Multiple alarm is the next feature on the horizon!

edawerd

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Are there any other voices besides the British women's in the youtube video?

Yes. If you do a search for "SVOX" on the android market, there's some other voices you can install on your phone. You can also find some other voices through the "Other preferences" screen of the app.

I also have some exciting news to share: Smarter Alarm just pulled ahead in Verizon's Power Your App Contest! I'm hoping that in the final 2 days of voting, Smarter Alarm will be the winner of this contest.

There's 2 more days of voting left. It's still a VERY close race, so PLEASE PLEASE, if you have a Droid Incredible, Galaxy Tab, or LG Vortext (i.e. access to the VCAST app store), PLEASE vote for Smarter Alarm.

Thanks so much!