[FREE][APP][UPDATE 09/24]Parasol-privacy advisor and permission manager

Which permission do you worry most?

• Total voters

Parasol

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
推广截图1.jpg

Introduction
[size=+1]Parasol (alpha) is a community-based privacy advisor and permission manager, which creatively designed for Android 6.0.[/size]

Parasol can help users protect their privacy by providing the following information:
  • The purpose of each permission of each app.
  • Whether the permission is abused or misused.
  • Whether users can safely turn off the permission without compromising app's major features.
  • To integrate with permission management UI under Android 6.0, so users can control permissions directly via Parasol.

How does Parasol work?
The core concept of Parasol is community.
There are a variety of anti-virus apps working for Android at present. Even Google has used bouncer to detect permission abuses. Unfortunately, they are still on the way to find the best solution.
We believe that the real knowledge and deep insight come from users. By leveraging expert users' knowledge and judgments, we can create a huge database, including permission recommendations and privacy suggestions for all Android apps. This database will benefit all the Android users.

How powerful is this database so far?
It is capable of describing accurate permissions for more than 10,000 popular apps, while providing permission and privacy recommendations for more than 680,000 popular apps.

Where is the data from?
Before we build Parasol, we already have 4+ years experiences in permission management and privacy protection.
We provide permission management solutions for several major Chinese smartphone brands such as Xiaomi, Meizu, One Plus, etc.
Based on our studies on permission management and analysis of hundreds of millions feedback from users, we built the unique database for Parasol.

Will we open the database?
Yes, we will open it in the future.

Current status
Parasol currently supports Android 5.0 and above. The permission configuration feature supports Android MNC preview and above.

Future plan
The parasol is still in an early alpha stage. We will make our release plan based on users’ suggestions.
  • To provide a Pro version for geeks and tech gurus with advanced permission and privacy analysis features, aims to help them contribute to Parasol community.

Installation Instructions
  • [highlight]Android 4.2 or higher is required[/highlight]
  • For Android 4.2: display well, can view permission, but no permission setting
  • For Android 4.3 till 5.1: can configure permissions after ROOT
  • For Samsung Note 3 in Android 5.0: all features run well (can configure permissions without ROOT)
  • For Android M: all features run well (view and setting)

Change-log
alpha 1.0.191 09/24/2015
  • [SIZE=+1]For Android 4.3 till 5.1: can configure permissions after ROOT[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]For Samsung Note 3 in Android 5.0: all features run well (can configure permissions without ROOT)[/SIZE]
alpha 1.0 08/31/2015
  • Released; For Android 5.0 and higher OS

Download lastest version
Parasol v1.0.191.apk

Feedback
parasol.jing@gmail.com
[highlight]Please Click Here to Email Me[/highlight]

More details, go to Parasol website

Attachments

• Parasol V1.0.apk
    3.2 MB · Views: 88
  • 推广截图2.jpg
    推广截图2.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 推广截图3.jpg
    推广截图3.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 推广截图4.jpg
    推广截图4.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 27
  • parasol-release-1.0.191.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

roy ellis

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: [FREE][APP]Parasol-privacy advisor and permission manager

Won't allow to change anything. Check out the last screen shot. Hell I didn't even know I was running Android M. Especially since this is a Verizon LG G4 phone.
Permission Nanny seems better.
All this app does is to list what my risks are.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 3630.jpg
    3630.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 3628.jpg
    3628.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 3632.jpg
    3632.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 30

Parasol

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

you can't modify your permission settings if your OS is lower than Android M.
sorry, mayb i used a unclearly word to make you misunderstand.
Thanks to point out the problem.

Parasol

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

1.png
You guys can see from this pic, if u click the "Feedback", there will be a popup showing the permission usage of a specific app. All the users can define the permission purpose of this app as individual experience after use this app. After you submit your defination, i will analyze the data and return the result to all the users.
I just fixed a bug of this feature. Now the QUESTION is:
will you use this feedback feature to submit your choice?
if yes, do u think this is a good/necessary feature and do u think the results are believable?
if no, could u leave your reason for me?

Thx a lot~

Parasol

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

New version is here~
For Android 4.3 till 5.1: can configure permissions after ROOT
For Samsung Note 3 in Android 5.0: all features run well (can configure permissions without ROOT)

Thx and feedback, plz~

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87