Please help us improve our lock screen replacement app

nextnews

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

We've been developing an android lock screen replacement for some time now and we're now in the stage where we want to get feedback from our users.
I cannot post the link but you can search "next news lock screen" on google play.
Package: com nextnews lockscreen

Basically we want to find out:
- how easy it is to activate the lock screen? (from the install until the functional lock screen)
- what are the things that you like?
- what are the things that you think we can improve in order to have a smoother on-boarding?

!!! Please read carefully !!!
We don't want reviews, 5-stars, keep-the-app-for-a-week-and-then-uninstall-it kind of thingie, we just want honest user/technical feedback regarding the app (on-boarding and general use).

We offer the same in return for your app!

Thanks a lot!

thing-william

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Looks nice, trying out right now! Quick initial thoughts;

Clean, easily digestible. Great job!

Personally, I would prefer to have the wizard with the steps be a part of the actual experience, i.e. being dropped straight into the lock screen and have the steps as overlays. The first step be something like "Swipe left/right to get more content. Try it now!" and then when you do, you get a "Well done! Now swipe up to see the entire photo" and so on. Basically do some storytelling while helping the user grok the experience.

itterN

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Installing the lock screen was straightforward - I agree with the above poster; the initial tutorial wasn't terribly useful. At the very least the app should provide the interface information in another location (help screen or similar).

The bookmarks feature felt somewhat cumbersome - would suggest launching the article when the user clicks on the entry in the bookmarks menu and managing the existing bookmarks through a contextual action bar (long click brings up CAB and selects the bookmark, options in the CAB to select all and delete).

I strongly dislike the format of the adds - in my opinion the adds should be clearly distinguished from content.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power