Hi there,

We've been developing an android lock screen replacement for some time now and we're now in the stage where we want to get feedback from our users.
    I cannot post the link but you can search "next news lock screen" on google play.
    Package: com nextnews lockscreen

Basically we want to find out:
    - how easy it is to activate the lock screen? (from the install until the functional lock screen)
    - what are the things that you like?
    - what are the things that you think we can improve in order to have a smoother on-boarding?

!!! Please read carefully !!!
    We don't want reviews, 5-stars, keep-the-app-for-a-week-and-then-uninstall-it kind of thingie, we just want honest user/technical feedback regarding the app (on-boarding and general use).

We offer the same in return for your app!

Thanks a lot!
    10-29-2015 04:51 AM

Looks nice, trying out right now! Quick initial thoughts;

Clean, easily digestible. Great job!

Personally, I would prefer to have the wizard with the steps be a part of the actual experience, i.e. being dropped straight into the lock screen and have the steps as overlays. The first step be something like "Swipe left/right to get more content. Try it now!" and then when you do, you get a "Well done! Now swipe up to see the entire photo" and so on. Basically do some storytelling while helping the user grok the experience.
    01-12-2016 06:19 AM
    Installing the lock screen was straightforward - I agree with the above poster; the initial tutorial wasn't terribly useful. At the very least the app should provide the interface information in another location (help screen or similar).

The bookmarks feature felt somewhat cumbersome - would suggest launching the article when the user clicks on the entry in the bookmarks menu and managing the existing bookmarks through a contextual action bar (long click brings up CAB and selects the bookmark, options in the CAB to select all and delete).

I strongly dislike the format of the adds - in my opinion the adds should be clearly distinguished from content.
    02-11-2016 04:32 PM