[APP][Free][Beta][4.1+ Phones] THING - a new behavior driven, API powered Launcher. Testers needed!

thing-william

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Long time lurker, finally has something to show! Me and my team are developing a brand new kind of Android Launcher called THING that we think you'll find is really cool. Check out thing [dot] se and sign up for our private beta or email william [at] thing [dot] se with your Google Play email! In short, THING is a behavior driven, API powered Android Launcher that simplifies and automates your life. As I'm a new member, I can't post proper links just yet - sorry. Again, thing [dot] se is where you want to go.

THING listens to your behavior and presents you with apps you're most likely to use at any given time of day and activity. THING lets you create your universe - if you can write a text, you can create an Agent that listens and acts on your behalf. Any API can be implemented to enhance your power and reach – the building blocks of Your Universe. Thing puts you in control - of everything.

Thing analyzes your app usage history and activity to determine what apps you're most likely to want, whenever you want them. The idea is to make app discovery easy instead of relying on a wall of apps and muscle memory to know where a given app is. (Pro tip: long press on the secondary hotseat to force an update - also scroll the hotseats).

Thing uses NLP to interpret what you want to do and how to do it by letting you program your surroundings - to create your universe. For example, if you're in Boston, an agent might be:

When I land at Logan Airport on Wednesday, get me an Uber and text John "I've arrived safely" if it's raining in Madrid.

We interpret and map keywords to services and actions to create a logical flow of events that calls API endpoints. Feel free to ping me here or email me at william [at] thing [dot] se if you want to sign up for and try the beta or if you have any feedback - good or bad!

Screenshots:

Home screen with the secondary adaptive hotseat
Thing_1_Home.jpg

Thing AppDrawer, sorting apps alphabetically
Thing_2_All.jpg

Thing AppDrawer, categorizing your apps as they are categorized in Google Play
Thing_3_Apps.jpg

Thing AppDrawer, categorizing your games as they are categorized in Google Play
Thing_4_Games.jpg

Search - app name and/or category
Thing_5_Search.jpg

Create Agent [in alpha stage, more coming next sprints]
Thing_7_Agent.jpg

As a small token of our appreciation, here are some simple wallpapers in 1080x1920.
thing-wallpaper-0.jpg
thing-wallpaper-4.jpg
thing-wallpaper-v6.jpg

Looking forward to hear what you think. Thanks!

/William

thing-william

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

As a small Thank you to the community, here's a zip with some Thing wallpapers! Ping me if you have any requests :) Thanks a lot to everybody who has signed up!

Attachments

• thing-wallpapers-20160103.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo