[App][Free] Sesame Lock Screen / App Switcher: make your Android faster, quick launch everything

Phillip Wall

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi! My friend Steve and I made Sesame.

It let’s you quick launch pretty much anything in 1 or 2 touches. Here’s a clip of it in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5yDROuaxmg

It works as a lock screen replacement and/or an app switcher that you can open by long pressing the Home button.

Once installed Sesame makes a list of your apps and gives you a keyboard to filter to them quickly. It also starts learning from your behavior and making personal shortcuts deep into native apps too.

The keyboard understands shorthand, so if I want to play music from Ratatat I can type ’S’ for Spotify then ‘R’ and Spotify: Ratatat will come right up. It learns from your choices so next time only ’S’ might get the job done.

Shortcuts it makes today:
  • All your apps (ranked by how often you use them)
  • All contacts w/ 1 touch to text, call, or email
  • Websites you visit (but not when browsing incognito)
  • Music library and new stuff you listen to (Spotify only atm but expanding)
  • You can Quick Search: Maps, Waze, Netflix, Spotify, Google Music, Chrome, Play Store, and YouTube
  • And it makes shortcuts back to your Quick Searches
  • Hangouts conversations (including groups)
  • Alarms you set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5roSu9Ox-s&feature=youtu.be

The Lock Screen version shows your notifications and keeps your existing security 100% intact. Note: some device types see display issues when transitioning from Sesame to the system security screen.

Oh yeah, there’s no registration and none of the data leaves your device.

We tried to make it useful but it’s still kinda rough. If you do try it, give it a shot for a few days. Our test users said it took some getting used to but they’d never go back now. We’d def like to hear your feedback so we can make it better.

We're doing our beta feedback through www.reddit.com/r/sesame. The play store version gets the updates right away, check it out!

Phillip Wall

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
We've put out some new features:

Uber / Lyft instant comparison card. Just type either app or "Rides" and you'll see ETA and mutliplier for all cars nearby

Whatsapp contacts (user recommend, so thanks :)

Keyboard bug fixes.