TrueCaller - Free Caller ID [Feedback thread]

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Truecaller - Global phone directory with Caller ID [Feedback thread]

Hi all,

Use this thread to post your feedback so that we can make Truecaller even better. Feedbacks regarding response time, hit rate, FC and so on are very important feedbacks for us.
Other than that, feel free to post anything you like related to Truecaller of course.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...apps/details?id=com.truecaller&token=a-QtZ3tE

What is Truecaller?
TrueCaller offers a form of Web-enabled caller ID for your Android phone, FOR FREE!
It enables you to match phone numbers to names, addresses, social networks, and even pictures!

The application automatically engages when you receive or place a call to a phone number that's not already in your address book, searching online for identifying information connected with that number.
Within seconds, Truecaller displays public information associated with that phone number on the Web, such as the other party's name, address, region, and country.
If available, the display will even include the caller's picture, and/or most recent status messages from Facebook or Linkedin.

Truecaller will flag known spam callers for you--and you can add to the spam caller list at the touch of a button, should you have the misfortune of discovering new ones.

3G or Wifi is required!

Please note: Live lookup does not work on VERIZON and SPRINT phones due to limitations in CDMA network unless you have Wifi enabled. A result will otherwise be displayed after the call.

read more about it at Truecaller - Caller ID for your mobile with TrueCaller

Last edited:

lilmargarita

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I would like to help you test this, but I would like to know how much space it will take up? My phone (my touch slide) likes to fill up quickly, and since Tmo hasn't upgraded it to Froyo like they said they would almost a yr ago, I can't save apps to the sd card.

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I would like to help you test this, but I would like to know how much space it will take up? My phone (my touch slide) likes to fill up quickly, and since Tmo hasn't upgraded it to Froyo like they said they would almost a yr ago, I can't save apps to the sd card.

Hi,
thanks for showing interest. Well, we just want you to have it installed and use it as your primary Caller ID and get back to us with your feedbacks. What you think about TrueCaller, how it works, if it reveals any calls, how quick you get the search respons during incoming/outgoing calls and so on.
Just a regular feedback regarding the app.

TrueCaller is now free for all Android users in the US so you are free to just download it.

Regarding the memory usage. It can only be installed on the internal memory because it?s using a service and it?s recommended by google to not enable apps2sd on applications using services. But hopefully you can spare 1-2Mb for TrueCaller:)
Thanks in advance.

liquid64

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I installed (sideloaded) the app on my Samsung Captivate, and am fairly impressed. The responsiveness, when receiving an unknown call, was about 3-4 seconds, which is sufficient. (I was on wifi at the time). I have had some experience with CNAM database lookups before, and had even written an application that ran on my nokia N800, so when an incoming call came in on my old phone, it would do a lookup. The timing is fairly close to what it did. It's really nice to have all of this integrated into one app now.

Thanks!

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I installed (sideloaded) the app on my Samsung Captivate, and am fairly impressed. The responsiveness, when receiving an unknown call, was about 3-4 seconds, which is sufficient. (I was on wifi at the time). I have had some experience with CNAM database lookups before, and had even written an application that ran on my nokia N800, so when an incoming call came in on my old phone, it would do a lookup. The timing is fairly close to what it did. It's really nice to have all of this integrated into one app now.

Thanks!

This is great info! It should actually go a bit faster but do you find 3-4 seconds reasonable? I will check if it?s possible to optimize it.

Actually, we are using public databases as sources but also CNAM and aswell our own database which is the crowed-sourced part called Enhanced Search in the app.

We can keep this thread updated with feedbacks. That would be great

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for showing such a great interest!
We could actually use this forum thread to post feedbacks.
FYI, TrueCaller is currently not available on Android Market but you can get the APK file by visiting truecaller.com from your phone?s browser. Hopefully it will be back on the market soon.

liquid64

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea, the speed has seemed to improve. It may have just been my wifi connection at the time. Over 3G, it seems to be very quick. Anyway, thanks for the app. I have already recommended it to several Android/iOS users.

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the speed has seemed to improve. It may have just been my wifi connection at the time. Over 3G, it seems to be very quick. Anyway, thanks for the app. I have already recommended it to several Android/iOS users.

I?m glad to hear that:) Keep us updated with your feedbacks. We?re always listening to our users and their needs

liquid64

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I do have one problem/observation. At my workplace, we frequently use AT&T's email/SMS gateway to send notifications to our cell phones. It works by someone emailing xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net (where xxxxxxxxxx is my cell number), which shows up on my phone as a text. The number that shows up, truecaller reports it as some random company every time. The TXT seems to come from a different number every time, so I don't know if there is much that could be done about that. It is in a certain range, at least, from what I have observed. Anyway, just thought I would report that.

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I do have one problem/observation. At my workplace, we frequently use AT&T's email/SMS gateway to send notifications to our cell phones. It works by someone emailing xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net (where xxxxxxxxxx is my cell number), which shows up on my phone as a text. The number that shows up, truecaller reports it as some random company every time. The TXT seems to come from a different number every time, so I don't know if there is much that could be done about that. It is in a certain range, at least, from what I have observed. Anyway, just thought I would report that.

Great report! I will make sure we look into this.
Thanks!

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

A fix has been added at the back-end. Keep me updated if it works better now:)

peste19

May 7, 2011
Visit site
You just need to visit their site and install the apk (I can't find it in the market right now).
AT&T users will need to sideload it.

has the free download ended? everytime i try to download it says i have to pay? anyways i am willing to test the new version out if you are still accepting testers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca