TrueCaller - Free Caller ID [Feedback thread]

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
has the free download ended? everytime i try to download it says i have to pay? anyways i am willing to test the new version out if you are still accepting testers

Hi, it should be free for US-users if you are on Android. Post your registerID and I will look into this.
The APK file is available for download at our website by browsing into truecaller.com from your phone?s browser.

Thanks

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,
for those of you who already downloaded TrueCaller. Please uninstall it and re-install the latest version from Android Market by searching for TrueCaller. We had to re-submit it if you want to get the latest versions, please re-install it from Android Market.

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have just noticed that True Caller is again no longer in the Market. Why does it keep getting pulled?

Hi,
If I only knew:( Google said it was OK and we were back on track and then suddenly it was pulled off with no warnings. We don?t know what we are doing wrong and it feels like they don?t even know it them self.
Anyway, we are doing our best to get it back.
At the mean time, you may find it at TrueCaller - True Mobile Caller ID!

liquid64

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
That is a shame. Since AT&T has opened up 3rd party apk installations, I may just re-install it from Amazon's App Store. That way, I can get the updated version when it is released.

Thanks for the quick response.

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
That is a shame. Since AT&T has opened up 3rd party apk installations, I may just re-install it from Amazon's App Store. That way, I can get the updated version when it is released.

Thanks for the quick response.

That?s right. We will keep the Amazon version up-to-date and it is visible there.
I?ll keep you guys updated with this issue. The sad part is that we actually got a lot of positive feedback from users, blogs and news sites in the US where they described the service as really good and then suddenly Google pulled us off again.
Let?s hope they just made a mistake and we?ll be up again Very soon

liquid64

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried contacting google myself on this subject. This was my reply:

Greetings,

Thanks for writing in to me today. It looks like the application you
referred to is no longer available on Android Market due to violations of
our Terms of Service. You may view those terms here:

Android.com

Android.com

If you'd like additional details, we recommend you contact the developer
directly.

Regards,

JB
The Android Market Team

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried contacting google myself on this subject. This was my reply:

Hi Liquid64,
Thanks for helping us getting in touch with them. We are currently in discussions with Google and I hope we can solve the situation and get back on the market asap.
In the mean time, you may find the APK file by browsing into http://m.truecaller.com from your phone?s browser.

Thanks Liquid64

Last edited:

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Is this working on the Atrix yet? Installed it and tried calling my phone from a land line and it didn't do anything.

Hi, yes it should work. Make sure you don't have the number stored in your Phonebook. It only makes a lookup if the number is not in your phonebook

JBodine

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way you can make it where we can add someone to the filter list from the history. Or am i doing something wrong? Went to block a caller looked the number up in my history on TC and could not add it from there.

tha_neo

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way you can make it where we can add someone to the filter list from the history. Or am i doing something wrong? Went to block a caller looked the number up in my history on TC and could not add it from there.

It should be there if the contact is not listed in your phonebook.

If you guys are interested in Beta testing TrueCaller 2.50, I?ll post a link on the first post to the APK-file.

Regarding our visibility on Android Market - We are still working on it =/