I work for Tango an application that allows you to make free phone calls and free video calls over 3G, 4G, and Wi-Fi

We released our application last October, and have been listening to users on some of the items we need to fix/improve with our application.

I am looking for a number of Android users that can help me out with beta testing our product. Users in our beta program will have the opportunity to test new unreleased features in Tango, as well as test fixes to certain bugs in our application.

If chosen, you will be invited to our beta testing forum that will allow you to provide us feedback and talk to other beta users.

The requirements:
    1. You must have an Android device and feel comfortable installing Beta software on your phone.
    2. You can devote 2-3 hours every few weeks in our beta community forum to provide us feedback.
    3. You feel comfortable having a video call with me and other beta testers

Please fill out the form here if you are interested in participating.

Due to the limited amount of space, I will not be able to accept everyone in to the Beta Program. I apologize in advance for this, and thank you for your interest.
    05-03-2011 05:22 PM
    Is it too late to sign up? I tried your app recently because I wanted to be able to video chat with my wife while she was out and about with my son while I'm here in Iraq but the video and the audio didn't work propperly.

Our phone (droid incredible 2) wasn't listed as a supported device so I wasn't too upset as I knew it was guaranteed to work. I would guess as you're app improves, more devices will become supported so I would download the app again.

But, if being able to sign up for this beta will help speed things along, I'm game.

Thanks for the opportunity.
    06-04-2011 10:40 PM
    Hello All,

Tango plans on releasing another update to our app very soon and we need people to help test it for us! Included this update will include many improvements to the overall audio and video quality of your Tango calls! If interested, please leave your information at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1a17...bXhlRVY2WVE6MQ .

08-22-2011 05:47 PM
    That would be a great opportunity i hope it is not like just any other app which promises big time but gives nothing on table to the users. There are so much things that we really adore but very few of them deliver the way they are supposed to.
    08-23-2011 10:53 AM
    If you allow free calls using your service then what is your business model? do you earn from advertising because there isn't anything else that comes to you in shape of revenue. And if you don't earn then how can you ensure excellent voice quality like regular voip services offer such as axvoice, vonage and numerous others??
    08-27-2011 04:56 AM
    You need to stop it from taking up so many background resources. Right now, it's a battery killer.
    09-07-2011 02:37 PM
    You need to stop it from taking up so many background resources. Right now, it's a battery killer.
    Hello Bigslam123,

On Android devices running 2.2 of above, Tango takes advantage of Google's Cloud to Device Messaging (C2DM) technology. This is a feature of the Android OS that lets push notifications get sent for you to receive Tango calls without having to run the application in the background.

This technology should not harm the battery life of your device.

If you are experiencing battery drain issues, please contact us at Tango Support Center and we can try and diagnose the issue you are having.
    09-14-2011 12:00 PM
    Hey, i am a Voip service user, using Axvoice as my VoIP provider. Can i use this app too? Some help would be really appreciated. thanks in advance
    09-20-2011 11:59 AM
    very usefull
    07-06-2015 08:47 AM