I'm looking for testers for Fresco, a painting and sketching app for Android.

Features: Full layers support, multiple undo/redo, configurable brush and eraser tools, line smoothing, flood fill, color picker, multi-touch zooming and panning, simple interface, filters (e.g. contrast, saturation, brightness, blur, emboss, blur, noise, sharpen), mirror/move/rotate/scale layers, export to .PSD format with layers intact, supports phone and tablet screen sizes, import images, autosave, HSL color selector.

The beta version is limited to 2 layers (5 are intended for the full version) and a handful of brushes and filters. Permissions required: Internet connection is used for sending bug reports after user confirmation. SD card access is needed for saving images. Only 0.5Mb is needed for installation.

Please note that the beta will expire on May 12. An updated version will be available by then either here or on the market.

Installation instructions
    1. Open your device settings screen by either 1) opening your "Settings" app from your app list or 2) by pressing "Menu" then *"Settings" on your home screen.
    2. Select the "Applications" option.
    3. Make sure "Unknown sources" is ticked to let you install non-market apps.
    4. Open the following direct link in your device's browser to download the .APK file that contains the app:
    5. Tap on the file that appears in your notification bar when the download is complete.

I'd love for people to post anything they've created with the app. I've started a flickr group for this if anyone feels like sharing there: www.flickr.com/groups/fresco/. For updates on when the full version is available, you can subscribe to my Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/#!/seanw_org

Potential issues (if you have the device listed, let me know if you can confirm the issue or not so I can work on a fix if needed):
    - HTC HD2 + HTC Evo 4G + HTC Supersonic: I'm getting reports on crashes when you try to start a new image.
    - Samsung Galaxy S: One user is reporting that the bottom edge of the screen doesn't respond to touch meaning you can only press the toolbar buttons by tapping them on their top edges.
    05-05-2011 11:30 AM