will you be using a case?

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering if all of you guys are planning on getting a case.

I've always used a case the first year or so of using a phone, just helps keep them nice, and when I do finally take the case off its a little like getting a new phone.

But this will be the first phone i've gotten that has a dock option, which I assume isnt compatable with most cases. Are there any cases compatable with the docks?

I was thinking I might try the invisible shield from zagg as an inbetween, will the phone still fit in the dock with that option? are the invisible shields any good?

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
Based on what they have when I get one, maybe. I had a case on my current phone, then ended up taking it off as it was bulky and a hassle.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I pretty much always put a Seidio active case on my devices. Adds a good weight and grip. And I worry less about dropping it

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering if all of you guys are planning on getting a case.

I've always used a case the first year or so of using a phone, just helps keep them nice, and when I do finally take the case off its a little like getting a new phone.

But this will be the first phone i've gotten that has a dock option, which I assume isnt compatable with most cases. Are there any cases compatable with the docks?

I was thinking I might try the invisible shield from zagg as an inbetween, will the phone still fit in the dock with that option? are the invisible shields any good?

I have most of an invisible shield on my OG Droid and it has been on there since the original release of the phone (I don't care about the cosmetics of the phone anymore, it is beaten up pretty bad and some the tiny shield pieces have come off). I plan on purchasing one for the Bionic when it comes out. I am assuming it will be even better on the bionic since it will have 2 or 3 pieces to it, rather than the 15 or so pieces that you had to stick to the OG Droid. It should still fit in any kind of a dock, there isn't much thickness to the shield itself.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
I use a belt case, but don't put an actual case on my phone, just a screen protector. This thing would be as thick as a brick with a case on it.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't ever use cases for my phones, but then again I'm very careful with my phones. LTE phones are bulky enough, I don't need a case adding more.

meth68#AC

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I keep my phone in my pocket all the time, so far all of my phones have been caseless aka unprotected. No terrible mishaps to date...*knock on wood*

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
All it takes is one time. I was switching cases and I dropped my phone off my back steps. I was pissed.

Sent from Asgard, by the power of Thor!

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I fully plan on rocking an extended battery, and a full case, likely an "otterbox" since I had trouble with my origional droid's cases both breaking and hear good things about them (the first of my orig droid's cases broke, lodging a piece between the two halves of my phone, then grinding against/damaging the connections, and breaking the phone)..

I just hope the dock can actually accommodate that much extra bulk on the phone

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I fully plan on rocking an extended battery, and a full case, likely an "otterbox" since I had trouble with my origional droid's cases both breaking and hear good things about them (the first of my orig droid's cases broke, lodging a piece between the two halves of my phone, then grinding against/damaging the connections, and breaking the phone)..

I just hope the dock can actually accommodate that much extra bulk on the phone

If you are going to get a sturdy case, I'd recommend the Seidio Active line. I see them as Otterbox's hotter sisters.

Sent from Asgard, by the power of Thor!

1776_1865_RIP

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had seidio surface cases on my last few phones; don't stick in your pocket but do in your hand... I'll likely get the same thing this time.

fireplug

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I like the soft silicone sleeve like case on my X and will probably get the same for the Bionic, though at my store today they only had a case like that for the original battery and none for extended battery yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc