Officially Confirmed Otterbox Defender Series Case on Launch day

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok just got the nod from my friend he wouldn't get in trouble for me saying it but that accessory I could not mention he got in friday night was Otterbox Defender Series cases. No waiting a solid month like the D3, charge, etc. They will be ready to go launch day for anyone interested in purchasing one to protect your new phone. That means no buying a cheapy case to hold you over until otterbox finally kicks it out the door. You can't even find the listing for it on Otterbox.com so they must be keeping it quiet until launch.

Last edited:

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: Officially Confirmed Otterbox Defender Series Case on Launch

Nice, haven't had a job that I needed one of these for awhile but they are nice cases.

I just want a nice TPU case for the Bionic. I would love it if they make one that fits on the Bionic with the Inductive door.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I hate the screen cover of the defender series otherwise the case is awesome. I wish it would fit the extended battery, whose door doesn't seem to extend that far out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Will the Otterbox work with the wireless charging back?

Good question. Typically, those charging backs add too much thickness to the phone to fit in the standard cases. On top of that, the distance and extra material impede the charging connection.
So, odds are no. Won't know for sure until someone tries it out. I really want the charging back. I miss that functionality from my Palm Pre.

nashi#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

I called Otterbox late last week, and they said they didn't have anything on the case options for the Bionic.

I did put in a request for a defender.

Looks like I won't have to wait long :cool:

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I called Otterbox late last week, and they said they didn't have anything on the case options for the Bionic.

I did put in a request for a defender.

Looks like I won't have to wait long :cool:

They denied there was an Otterbox for the EVO 3D even after a shipment of them leaked out and I had one in my hands. They're likely done and enroute to stores already.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Correction, in stores as of last Friday night when my buddy at verizon told me lol

Snoudel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

You have no idea how happy I am hearing this news. I really need that otterbox for this phone.

AedansDad

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

trailblazen -- Do you know (or can you ask your buddy) if the Otterbox case will fit with the extended battery?

Thanks in advance and thanks for letting us know about the GREAT news.

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I had my buddy look on the computer to see if Verizon had any cases that will fit the extended battery and there currently aren't any. He told me that if I wanted to pick up the Otterbox for now, when they get something for the battery, I could return the Otterbox if it wasn't to beat up and pick up the new case.

Reactions: AedansDad

amstaffdoggy74

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Confirmed!! Ordered from Verizon Wireless customer service today and shipping with my Bionic to arrive overnight :)

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I had my buddy look on the computer to see if Verizon had any cases that will fit the extended battery and there currently aren't any. He told me that if I wanted to pick up the Otterbox for now, when they get something for the battery, I could return the Otterbox if it wasn't to beat up and pick up the new case.

I lied about there not being anything that will fit the extended battery...the shell/holster combo apparently works with it.:-\

AedansDad

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

I lied about there not being anything that will fit the extended battery...the shell/holster combo apparently works with it.:-\

Then I guess I take back my thanks.....Ha Ha

I appreciate the info.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I asked and he wasn't sure it would and I tend to agree. Only way would be to try it in store but I doubt it since otter makes their cases to exact specs since I own one for my Blackberry Storm 2.

AedansDad

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I asked and he wasn't sure it would and I tend to agree. Only way would be to try it in store but I doubt it since otter makes their cases to exact specs since I own one for my Blackberry Storm 2.

I thought that might be the case as I have used Otterbox cases on several phones (and love them) and they are very fitted to the device. Was hoping maybe since the extended battery does not look like it adds much to the thickness of the Bionic it might fit, I guess I will see tomorrow when I pick up mt Bionic.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone gotten a look at the charging back to see how different it is than the standard one? Be great if Motorola kept the same size specs even though the odds on that are slim.