Just came back from my local Verizon store and got the following info:

Standard Dock - $40
HDMI Dock - $50
HDMI Cable (needed to use HDMI function in dock) - @20
Extended Battery - $50
Standard Battery - $40
Induction Pad - $70
Induction Battery - $40

There is also a Battery Charging Dock (sorry didn't write down the price) that holds the phone vertically and will charge the phone and a back up battery at the same time.

The very nice gentleman that assisted me also said that they will have a list by Thursday of the cases that will work w/ the docks and confirmed that the extended battery will fit in the dock but NOT if it has a case. So basically you can have a case or the extended battery in the dock, but not both!

They had a demo version of the phone as well. Significantly lighter than my OG Droid, as well as thinner.

Now I have to crunch all the numbers and figure out if I want to pick up the phone at Costco w/ some of the accessories I don't particularly want, vs either Target (if the deal is real) or Verizon.

Decisions Decisions!

jchardeman

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The very nice gentleman that assisted me also said that they will have a list by Thursday of the cases that will work w/ the docks and confirmed that the extended battery will fit in the dock but NOT if it has a case. So basically you can have a case or the extended battery in the dock, but not both!
QUOTE]

Does this apply to the "shell / holster"? I was under the impression that the shell / holster would fit the extended battery AND be compatible with the vehicle / standard / HD docks.

jchardeman

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

They had a demo version of the phone as well. Significantly lighter than my OG Droid, as well as thinner.

Now I have to crunch all the numbers and figure out if I want to pick up the phone at Costco w/ some of the accessories I don't particularly want, vs either Target (if the deal is real) or Verizon.

Does this apply to the "shell / holster"? I was under the impression that you would be able to use the shell / holster with the extended battery AND it would fix into the vehicle / standard / HD docks.

minniemouse27

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I first asked about cases being compatible...his reply was that yes some cases will be compatible while in the docks and they would have a list of them on Thursday.

Then I asked about the extended battery being compatible...another yes on the extended battery (this answer involved him going away and checking both at the desk and then in the back).

THEN, I asked about having both the extended battery and a case fitting in the dock. He then went to check ...much longer than my second question.... and when he came back told me that compatibility would be either the extended battery OR the case, not both...in the dock. Then went on to tell me how easy it would be to pull a silicone case off/on the phone for use in the dock.

I didn't ask about a shell/holster but I did mention that I had a hard case for my OG Droid originally and how I could only use the top (two pieces because of the keyboard) w/ the dock because the bottom was so difficult to get on & off. That is when he recommended a silicone case.

It sounds to me that there are some shell cases that may be compatible from what he said originally, but neither of us specifically brought them up so I can't say that it is or isn't the case.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has cheaper prices than what has been shown at Search

That's good news, I thought the prices at the above link seemed high. Not sure I am convinced the pricing they gave you is real, but here's hoping. ;)