Recommended Cases and Protection

DrewDT

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'll be upgrading from a BlackBerry and want to know what case / screen guard manufacturers Droid users traditionally prefer? I like Otterbox, Sena, Case-Mate, and Seidio but none of them have a case or protection for the Bionic yet. I am definitely a protection buff and don't like having a phone without a case and screen guard.

What brands do you like?

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Seidio usually has some good items for phones from batts to chargers to case and holsters. Right now they are limited due to the newness of the device. I'll probably get their Surface case and holster.

seidioonline.com

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Go check the accessories folder. I made a post about otterbox making a stealth release today with the launch of Bionic. I have a friend who has been giving me updates at the corporate store he works at and last friday night when they got their weekly shipment of accessories there were Otterbox Defender Series cases in the boxes. Unknown about the Commuter series (probably will be there too but he knows I need defender). Either way you wouldn't have found anything on it due to the stealth release of the cases until yesterday/today.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrewDT

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got my bionic and with that i got an anit-glare screen protector and a skin case. Also, at the store they have this "catalog" with all the possible accesories you can get for the phone, it's pretty crazy all the craddles and stuff the bionic offers.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Seidio usually has some good items for phones from batts to chargers to case and holsters. Right now they are limited due to the newness of the device. I'll probably get their Surface case and holster.

seidioonline.com

+1 for Seidio, best cases I've used. I had a Surface case and holster for my Droid after trying several others - wished I had just bought it in the first place.

Grubby74

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a case that will fit into the Standard Dock for the bionic? IE: So you don't have to take the case off to recharge it in the dock? Thanks in advance.

fireplug

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a case that will fit into the Standard Dock for the bionic? IE: So you don't have to take the case off to recharge it in the dock? Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you are using extended battery, but I have the extended battery and an old silicone thin rubbery style case from my X (they dont make this style case yet for extended battery on Bionic yet apparently) but doing some unscientific fit testing I would say that one WONT be able to use a case with the HD Dock and extended battery (it fits very tightly with the extended battery back plate on) but one WILL be able to leave this style of case on when using the car charger (I was able to get it on there quite easily with my X case stretched over the Bionic.)

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
VZW is offering the Otterbox Defender which is a nice case, but its just too bulky. I dont see the Commuter at VZW.com.... is it by chance available at VZW Corp stores for those who have been there picking up the Bionic?

foxisbubba#AC

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
VZW is offering the Otterbox Defender which is a nice case, but its just too bulky. I dont see the Commuter at VZW.com.... is it by chance available at VZW Corp stores for those who have been there picking up the Bionic?
My corp store in Knoxville, TN just had the Defender, and I agree it was very bulky! I also tried the Motorola shell and holster and found it was also quite hefty. I think it is made to fit with the extra capacity battery and it has a kickstand.

koalabear

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The standard dock has an insert - if you remove it you can charge the phone in its case.

maddog83

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the Otterbox Commuter case for $31.45 on the OB website. You can use code AMTB201109 to get 10% off and Free Ground Shipping

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith