Best battery life solution - extra battery

jnb5531

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought my droid bionic first thing on the 8th and got the extra battery and dock thrown in with a bundle. Thank God i did because after about half the day went by i was already below 10% and had to switch batteries. This is my first android so maybe there are certain settings that seem to work that i haven't found out. Also i'm not sure whether having multiple batteries or the extending battery is the best. I use the task killer and adjust brightness but does anyone have any advice on getting the most of out the battery?
thanks

Droid hungry

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I bought my droid bionic first thing on the 8th and got the extra battery and dock thrown in with a bundle. Thank God i did because after about half the day went by i was already below 10% and had to switch batteries. This is my first android so maybe there are certain settings that seem to work that i haven't found out. Also i'm not sure whether having multiple batteries or the extending battery is the best. I use the task killer and adjust brightness but does anyone have any advice on getting the most of out the battery?
thanks

Well to start don't use a task killer. Android manages the memory on its own. I can't tell you where exactly the page is now but Jerry one of the writers for the site wrote up a big story on why they are bad for your phone. If anyone has the link or if you can find it read it.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best battery life solution

I got about 7 hours of first day usage on my first full charge. I probably played with it more being off and just getting it so I think I'll be fine. With the miracles of car charging and USB charging, I am not likely to be 7 hours away from electricity. That said, I do have the extended battery sitting in it's box, may sell it though.

Edit: For reference, I am in a 4g area.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

I got about 9.5 hrs total on 1 full charge. I think one of the problems with these types of batteries is you need to go through at least 2-3 fully charge/discharge cycles before you start seeing the true life of the battery.

that being said, i am going to try a couple of things tomorrow to improve battery life. i might try disabling 4G unless I need it since I usually spend a lot of time in a low reception area

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I got about 7 hours of first day usage on my first full charge. I probably played with it more being off and just getting it so I think I'll be fine. With the miracles of car charging and USB charging, I am not likely to be 7 hours away from electricity. That said, I do have the extended battery sitting in it's box, may sell it though.

Edit: For reference, I am in a 4g area.

Blur has a few built in options...but I'm sure if you are really picky about it you can get a battery micromanaging app for it. I would just keep my wifi off when not in use, keep that widget somewhere on my homescreens. And switch off 4G if you're not using it if you can, there are widgets you can get on the marketplace for it, it's especially helpful if you're searching for reception a lot in a spotty area.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Blur has a few built in options...but I'm sure if you are really picky about it you can get a battery micromanaging app for it. I would just keep my wifi off when not in use, keep that widget somewhere on my homescreens. And switch off 4G if you're not using it if you can, there are widgets you can get on the marketplace for it, it's especially helpful if you're searching for reception a lot in a spotty area.

Maybe I have low standards from way overclocking my OG Droid, I was ok with that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo