Bionic Extended Battery Question

An-Droid-M

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
So I'm planing on picking up the Bionic vary soon and was wondering about the extended battery, more spcificaly how it efects your ability to use accessories. I curently have a T-bolt and the extended battery for this phone makes using any of the accessories for the phone imposable. I dont' want to find my self in this position again, as I use the Car Dock and the Desk Top Dock regularly, and dont' want to be with out them. Anybudy out ther have the extended battery and one or both docks and can speek to this.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I know for a fact that the car dock is fine with the extended battery. I heard all the docks for the bionic support it.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the Verizon store said that all of the accessories are designed to work with the extended battery. The dock has a notch in it to accommodate the shape...I used it the last two nights. They said they anticipated people buying the extended battery and actually prepared for it with the accessories.

LNJKD

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Is the extended battery worth it? The verizon sales rep said they have them forbhalf off this weekend only. Not sure if i should pick it up. I like the way the bionic fits in my hand right now. I don't want to get the extended battery and end up unhappy with the extra girth. I have small hands so it may be an issue for me.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Is the extended battery worth it? The verizon sales rep said they have them forbhalf off this weekend only. Not sure if i should pick it up. I like the way the bionic fits in my hand right now. I don't want to get the extended battery and end up unhappy with the extra girth. I have small hands so it may be an issue for me.

I'm with you. I am debating the extended battery also. I find the battery life pretty good, but you can never have too much battery life. However, I like the look and feel of the phone as is, I i find that, while the extended battery does not really add that much thickness to the device, it makes it look not as attractive, IMO, the way it sticks out below the camera. But it would still be nice to hear some opinions 'cause in the end, I'll take function over form.

noisemaker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Is that an official Verizon store that told you half off? My local Verizon store said I could get 25% off if I buy 3 accessories, which I can already beat with my corporate or VIP discount.

LNJKD

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Is that an official Verizon store that told you half off? My local Verizon store said I could get 25% off if I buy 3 accessories, which I can already beat with my corporate or VIP discount.

Yes it's an official Verizon store.

Now that i think about it that may be a corporate discount. I keep forgetting i have that since i rarely use it.

noisemaker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's an official Verizon store.

Now that i think about it that may be a corporate discount. I keep forgetting i have that since i rarely use it.

No, I just went to my local store, spoke to a different rep, asked him how much it was and he said $49. I said I heard it was half off this weekend, and he said let me go get one, and he gave it to me for $24,99. Unfortunately, they didn't have a case to fit it. Thanks for your help.

Shurman292

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
You might as well buy it while it's half-off and then take it back if you don't like it. I bought one and I am seriously loving the extra battery life. I can go for a couple days of moderate use, or an entire day of very heavy use, and not have to recharge it. To me, the extra girth is worth it but it's a personal preference. It doesn't add bulk so much but it does add weight so just keep that in mind.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought it for 25 bucks. I'll probably use it more on weekends and nights out, at work and home I have chargers from my OG Droid littering the landscape.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
I bought it for 25 bucks. I'll probably use it more on weekends and nights out, at work and home I have chargers from my OG Droid littering the landscape.

Yanno, thats not a bad idea. I bought the extended battery for $25 as well and it'll be here Monday. I'm not sure i'd like having that big battery on there every day, but for times when I know I will be away from a charger for an extended period could easily swap it out and engage 'thick mode'. :)

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if the extended battery will fit in the silicon case? I picked one up too, just wondering this. Thanks

blackcat55

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
The leather case from verizon fits the Bionic with or without the extended battery well. Easy to clip on belt and remove with one hand action. Android Central has it on sale!!

Blackbushido

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello. Where did you get the battery from and where can I get a case that fits the extended battery?? Thank you for your timely response and have a very very blessed day!!

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Battery from verizon, I didn't buy a case for the BBW version of my phone, but I bought a silicone one from verizon for those slim and trim days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

IRSmurf

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I hate to speculate, but am I correct in understanding that the standard battery / door is compatible with contact chargers while the extended battery is not? (Meaning the extended battery may only be charged with the microUSB connection.)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech