Incipio Feather case

envizion

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
i found this Incipio Feather case for the bionic that seems to match what i want, some protection and does not impact on the size of the. has anyone had previous experiences with this case on another phone? mainly concerned about material quality and whether if the phone pops out easily or does it lock tight and snug.

here is the link

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I had it for the Atrix and it was nice but it sucked for the Droid Charge. The material is nice but the design is hit or miss. I would wait for a review.

Keekeegottadroid

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought it as well but will be taking it back. Others have said it covers the LED notification light. One of the reviews on amazon said the silicone case was subpar as far as fit & quality.

Last edited:

VBGlacier

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Incipio Feather Case review

I already had the Incipio Silicrylic case (reviewed here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/bi...84-incipio-silicrylic-case-bionic-review.html), but wanted something a little sleeker. Since I was generally happy with the Incipio product and their service, I decided to try out the Feather case:

Incipio Motorola DROID BIONIC feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, Motorola DROID Bionic Hard Shell Case, Motorola Droid Bionic Soft Shell Case, Motorola Droid Bionic Protective Case, Motorola Droid Bionic Slim Case

The Feather case is a one-piece, hard rubberized plastic shell that like the Silicrylic, includes a screen protector (which I'm still not using). The plastic has a good sturdy feel to it, without adding much heft (the case is aptly named). There's also a silicone (?) pad attached on the inside that rests against where the battery is - not sure if it's for heat or shock absorption, or to ensure a tight fit - and it is a tight fit.

Things I like about the case:
- Looks really sharp - it's a very sleek case, available in multiple colors
- Fits extremely well
- All of the critical ports AND the LED are exposed
- Barely noticeable when compared to a naked Bionic
- Offers decent protection
- Fits both the Standard Dock and the Car Dock (with dock inserts removed)
- Also fits in both my TuneBelt Armband and dry pouch case (I take it kayaking with me)

Drawbacks:
- Still, not an extended battery case (although I think this design would work well for that - are you listening Incipio?)
- Leaves the front edges along the top and the bottom of the phone exposed, as well as a little bit of the top corners. If you dropped your phone just right, it still might get scuffed while in this case.
- The fit is REALLY tight. This is mostly a good thing, but more than once when I've removed the case, the entire back of the Bionic went with it.

This has become my daily case - I really like the look and feel of it (plus it helps me distinguish my Bionic from my girlfriend's). I like it enough that rather than swap out for the extended battery on the weekends (when my phone won't be near a dock for an extended period of time), I bought a portable charger that I carry with me (I'll review that after some more experience with it). All in all, a good quality, solid and stylish case. Some pics below:

IncipioFeatherFront.jpg

IncipioFeatherBack.jpg

IncipioFeatherinDock.jpg

Reactions: Jasper

walkman666

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
+1 on the Incipio Feather. I have the sili, the Feather and the Commuter, and the Feather has been my default case for a week now. It is sleek, nice, has a small form factor, does not conceal any buttons or ports, and provides some protection. It also easily fits into the dock. I don't take it off. If the commuter fit into the dock, I might use that, but right now, I am an Incipio Feather user. I have the black, and really like the red & black that VBGlacier shows above. Well done, sir.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of the feather case
But the whole idea of a case on this phone is to protect the sides and front because you can always get a new $5 battery cover.

So what's the point of this case?

Nicest case out though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

VBGlacier

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It does offer some protection for the front... it's hard to see in the pics, but the lip of the case extends slightly beyond the front, so in the middle picture above, the screen is actually not touching the desk. It also extends slightly on the top and the bottom - but the front (i.e., screen-side) edges of the top and the bottom are exposed. Both sides are completely covered. This will also give the camera lens some protection.

But you are correct - the level of protection is minimal, even compared to Incipio's Silicrylic... As I said above, one of the benefits this case gives me (other than style) is that I can distinguish my Bionic from my girlfriend's at a glance... sure, there are other ways to do that, but a) I'm lazy, and b) why not be stylish in the process?

codered18

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Another negative about this case and maybe all cases....

Did a speed testing with 3 bionic on the table side by side. With the case on, I notice up to 1/2 speed drop. With case off, all 3 of them were comparable within 5% - 8% differences.

Just a thought for those.

But I do have the case and like the red color :)

envizion

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
i like to add that the free screen protector that came with the feather case is complete junk. it isn't cut to the size of bionic screen. the edges just sorta hangs off the side.

the case actually offers more protection then the appearance would seem. phone drops usually lands on flat grounds. the case protrudes enough on all side that there is no angle that the phone can't land w/o it landing on the case itself, absorbing the primary impact. even the front sticks out far enough that if its placed face down like in the 2nd picture, the phone is sitting on the two edges of the case, raising the front side from touching the surface. love the slim case so far and provides adequate protection for me.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Heads up. My Feather case is 2 weeks old and already has a crack in it. I don't know why, but I reported this to the company and I think they are going to replace it for free.

Last edited:

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I was just getting ready to buy the feather case. I am still waiting for my "free replacement" from my Incipio Silicrylic case that ripped in less than two weeks. I am by far not hard on my phone either. Having second thoughts on the Feather, wanted it because review said it will fit in the Car Dock.