Bionic cases that fit the docks.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
I would like to start this thread to list and review any cases that are known to fit the standard home and car dock for the Bionic. Please state in your post/review if the case has cutouts for the two mics on the back and also if it covers the LED notification light.

I will update this first post to include the cases, whether or not they have the proper holes and cutouts and links to the cases themselves.

• Incipio Silicrylic - Has mic holes - COVERS LED LIGHT (update-New design available soon that does not cover light - update 2 - Does not fit car dock). Link Review
  • Incipio Feather - Has mic holes - Does not cover LED light - Fits car dock. Link
  • TPU silicone cases- Has mic holes - does not cover LED light. Fits car dock. Link
  • Verizon High Gloss Silicone Cover - Has mic holes - does not cover LED light. Link
UPDATE! The Incipio Silicrylic fits the home and HD dock, but does NOT fit the car dock. I assumed if a case worked in one dock it would work in all of them, but seeing as the car dock has a little tab that flops down and locks it in, cases may fit the home dock and not the car dock. I will try and update all cases when I get more info, but for now assume that the cases only work in the home docks unless it is stated they work in the car dock.

Last edited:

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
does that one confirmed to fit with official Motorola docks?

Three different people have confirmed this case works with the docks, but I do not have one personally. I am just going through the threads and trying to consolidate the info in one thread. Hopefully people will start posting cases in this thread and make it easier on everybody.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the hard silicon case that vzw sells. It fits perfectly in the standard dock when you pop out that little plate. I was actually really upset that the phone didn't fit with the case and it was so close to fitting.and now it does.

Oh and the light is not covered and there are holes for all the mics and for the speaker on back.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Added the TPU semi-hard silicone case to the list. 2 people on Amazon left reviews saying it works great with the stock docks. I actually ordered one, but they are out of stock for another week or so. I will leave a full review when I get it. I got the flat black, but they do have other colors currently in stock.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the hard silicon case that vzw sells. It fits perfectly in the standard dock when you pop out that little plate. I was actually really upset that the phone didn't fit with the case and it was so close to fitting.and now it does.

Could you please send me a link to the exact case you have so that I can include it in the list?
Thank you!

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Added Verizon High Gloss Silicone case to the list.

If anyone would be so kind as to leave a review of any of these cases I will also link to the reviews in the first post. THANKS!

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
New updates.
Review added for Incipio Silicrylic. (Thanks VBGlacier!)
Incipio will have a redesigned case that does not cover the notification LED out soon.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Just found out that even if a case works in the home and HD dock, they may not fit the car dock. I would appreciate it if someone who has the High Gloss Silicone case or the TPU case can check them with the car dock and let me know if they fit. Thanks!

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Just a warning, the incipio case does technically "fit" in the standard dock, but it doesn't always start charging the phone without some extra wiggling and pushing. And when You do get it to seat well enough to charge the phone doesn't always go into bedside mode, it just charges. And before anyone asks the insert is out of the standard dock I tested this on. Just a fyi to anyone considering this case.

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Just found out that even if a case works in the home and HD dock, they may not fit the car dock. I would appreciate it if someone who has the High Gloss Silicone case or the TPU case can check them with the car dock and let me know if they fit. Thanks!

I have the TPU matte black case... it fits into the car dock just fine (after you remove the insert from the dock).

Here's the link to the specific case: Amazon.com: TPU-Cases Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Motorola Droid Bionic 4G (Verizon) ?~?TPU-Cases Retail Packaging?~?: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got the car dock as part of the Costco bundle and hadn't even unwrapped it until I checked it out for this thread, but I'll probably start using it regularly now that I've played with it for a few minutes. It's pretty cool when the car dock program pops up when the phone its inserted. (I just wish I could reprogram my Google Voice number in place of *86 on the voicemail button.)

Reactions: fogflyer

walkman666

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the incipio silicrylic and really have no difficulty getting it to seat in my standard dock, to charge, and to give me the options for bedside & productivity modes. I imagine this is a variable outcome given what Jasper says, but for me, it's really not an issue.

VBGlacier

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I concur with walkman666 - my Bionic in the Silicrylic case fits fine into the standard dock, without any difficulty. It does occasionally not bring up the docking apps picker, but if I reseat it, generally it comes up . The Silicrylic case does NOT however, fit in the car dock. I also have an Incipio Feather case on order - when I receive it, I'll try it in the various docks and let you know how it fares. My suspicion is that it will fit, but I'll confirm that once I have it to test.