extended battery case

anon(7773)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Below is a pic of how I am getting by using the standard silicone case I bought when I got my Bionic. I have to take the case off to charge but at least it offers some protection until I can find a extended battery case that I like.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Got the Verizonwireless Shell/Holster w/Kickstand today, $25 bucks with Corp discount and free 2 day fedex shipping. It's not great, but it seems to do the job for now. Feels a little cheap in the hand. Haven't tried the kickstand feature yet but that seems pretty weak as well - piece of movable plastic set into the back.

It doesn't protect the top and bottom of the phone so that makes me a little nervous. Also makes the phone seem HUGE. Time will tell but I was having trouble hearing the ringer when it was in my pocket... so much for the "pocket mode".

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Below is a pic of how I am getting by using the standard silicone case I bought when I got my Bionic. I have to take the case off to charge but at least it offers some protection until I can find a extended battery case that I like.

Can u heat it to for the case to mold to it?

anon(7773)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I never followed up. I lost my cover and and never replaced it hoping for an Otterbox or something similar . Anyone find a case yet?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Great tip, thanks! I tried the bottom but found it worked better with the felt in the top corners.
Purchased little felt sticky back dots from ACE Hardware. Works like a charm. I can finally get the phone out with ease when attached to my belt.

I like the Vz case for the extended battery and have no issues with it being open at the top and bottom - but I don't generally have it in a situation where damage could occur (other than dropping it). It does have a nice feel to it and I really like the holster (slim and efficient). The Bionic is hard to pull out of the case, so I glued a small layer of felt at the bottom edge of the holster to keep the Bionic from going the last 1/8th inch. Still held firmly in the case, but not so tough to get out.

Wish they made the case in colors. The Bionic is awfully BLACK when the screen is off. I've accidentally left it places because it sort of blends in to the scenery, being so dark. But, for the extended battery size, there aren't any other options as yet. :(

LoneWolf15

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
There aren't any cases that will allow you to use the dock with the case on.

While I haven't used it myself, I hear that TPUCases extended battery case will work with the docks (provided you remove the plastic insert in the dock that is there for phones without the extended battery.

Motorola Droid Bionic : TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA

I would buy one of these in a heartbeat, but I want a version with a belt clip. Currently, I'm using the Body Glove shell case with the clip, but I'd like to get the extended battery. I wish they made one of these with the hump for the extended battery.

I think my only solution (not my personal favorite, but the best I'll get) is to get a leather pouch case with a clip. That will allow the extended battery easily. The one downside to that is that when it's not on your hip, you have a naked phone. Either that, or the TPU case on the phone, and a leather pouch case as well that will hold the phone that way.

I'm not a fan of the extended battery case Verizon offers. It's always seemed chintzy, and I dislike the exterior design (I'd much prefer plain, smooth, black). To each their own, though.

Last edited:

LoneWolf15

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I can now provide more information on this matter.

I purchased both the Verizon-offered Droid Extended Battery case with holster and the TPUCases extended battery case. I bought both on Amazon, as Verizon's chosen case can be found (in OEM packaging) at a fraction of the VZW price.

The TPU Bionic case is better than the Extended Battery case, as it provides better coverage of the phone. The bonus is, it fits the Verizon holster AND it fits in both the Motorola-branded Standard Dock and Car Dock, provided you remove the inserts

Links to the items I purchased:

Verizon OEM extended battery case with holster:
Amazon.com: Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 Extended Battery Case Holster Shell Combo with Kickstand: Cell Phones & Accessories

TPU Cases case:
http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Fle...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1520264

Note: The TPU cases case is also available in a smoke (semi-transparent) color rather than standard black, but I wanted a match to the holster, and the black case turns out to be an exact color match.

I hope this helps any of you wishing to find a case that does it all, working with the extended battery and fitting Motorola's docks.

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Just received my tpu case. Very impressed for a $9 case. Glad to be using the extended battery again

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci