web Dock - think twice

thomasiamnj

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the bionic webDock in hopes of making my life better because I travel a bit for my work. Bigger screen, key board and apps to run?.. was my thought when I got this.

It took me about 30 minutes to realized after I open the box it really wasn?t worth the $399 tag it had on it. Basically it is like carrying your phone that is a notebook size but can't run any of the notebook PC or mac apps. Can?t really put in in your pocket or clip in on your belt. I guess you can but it would really look strange.

Now days for $400 you can get a netbook that does much more then this thing. Good example is apps like excel, office and so on.

There is absolutely no benefit that was apparent to me by having this devise. It was actually more convenient to work with the phone rather than this over grown screen and keyboard thing..

It kind of reminded me the move Brazil. The small computer screen with huge magnifying glass in front of it.

Brazil2-800x528.jpg

Nether less to say it went right back in to the original packaging and got returned as fast as it came to me. Thank god for returns?..

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it depends on what you wanted it for. Not running Office apps isn't that big a deal if you already use google docs instead.

I agree it isn't worth $399, but modding an Atrix doc for $75 seems right for me. The biggest advantage of the webdock is the inherent data connection your phone brings. Buying a NetBook means another data plan usually which is a significant additional expenditure.

ShogunTX

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the WebTop switch didn't trigger when you placed it in the dock. If it does not trigger you simply get a "mirror mode" if the WebTop functions trigger you'll see the firefox browser.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Definitely keeping mine for fifty bucks though, Netflix, HBO GO, and Movies on bigger screen is worth it. Took it on vacation, browsed Web and pulled directions to attractions with it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE