32gb memmory card?

DrDiff

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a 32gb memmory card. What class card do I want?

Is class 4 too slow? Class 10?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a 32gb memmory card. What class card do I want?

Is class 4 too slow? Class 10?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Depends on what you're going to be doing. If you're going to be shooting a lot of 1080p video, then you want the highest class you can afford. Otherwise, if you're just storing music/backups etc then a 4 or 6 is probably fine...

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I got a sandisk 32gb class 4 card. I've done a fair amount of 1080p HD video and haven't had any trouble at all. The sandisks have a reputation of running much faster then their labeled class, and mine benchmarked high as well.

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah, make sure you get it directly from amazon, I've heard that some of the third party ones send out counterfits.

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm under the impression that class 4 is plenty fast if you plan to put the files on the phone over USB with the card in the phone, and that anything faster is likely a waste.

If you plan to take the card out, but it into a card reader on your computer, and manage the files in windows explorer, you can maybe get a bit more speed with a higher class card.

Bottom line: Unless you want to use a class 10 in a DSLR camera in addition to your phone, there isn't really much of a reason to use anything more than a class 4 for your phone.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
wow. Where did you find a class 10? And may I ask how much it was? I just picked up a class 4 off Amazon for $30ish. Took a long time to transfer about 15gb from my old one to this one.

TrinitYPL

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Bestbuy I work there and happen to find one by the tablets. Gave it a 2 sec thought and bought it.
I believe it was on sale for 49.99
I don't think they have it anymore! I can't find it on the website.
But the sku is 3026197.
Call your local bestbuy they can look it up for you.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited: