Lapdock 500

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my lapdock today after ordering it last week when Verizon offered it for $149.

All I can say is "wow". It is one of the coolest gadgets I have gotten in quite a while.

Will be running it through all the options in the next day or so, but just fooling with it for a few minutes today and have to say it is great.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you able to install programs on it like you would on a full Linux os, like Ubuntu?

I guess I am asking if it is an extension of the phone or is it a whole separate OS. It might be worth it if we can install open office. The full Ubuntu dock type thing that was on AC a few days ago has me intrigued. We are only a few years away from Windows Phone OS from being a dockable version of the full desktop version.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I really don't know the technical aspects of it. Hopefully someone else has this info as it would be interesting to know if actual Linux programs could run on it.

But, it doesn't seem like you can install programs other than lapdock apps.

Sorry I am not more help on this.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious as to the value of this. I must have missed the Verizon deal. The lapdock was a promise of why the Bionic was attractive. But, it has been difficult to find them. Those that are available are $250 plus. I'm loathe to plop down $250 for something that uses the processing power of my phone when I could get a decent android tablet for the price.

magnamover

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I picked up mine slightly used off ebay for $89. Had to convert it from Atrix setup but it wasn't hard. I like it for traveling and may start using it in the office but it is not fast and a laptop or tablet is better.

I don't think you can install programs on it as it is an extension of the phone. It is nice to text and talk while on it though.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I picked up mine slightly used off ebay for $89. Had to convert it from Atrix setup but it wasn't hard. I like it for traveling and may start using it in the office but it is not fast and a laptop or tablet is better.

I don't think you can install programs on it as it is an extension of the phone. It is nice to text and talk while on it though.

So you got the Atrix Lapdock, not the Lapdock 500, right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad