Extended battery

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I emailed the seller via Amazon and they said "1 in 3 batteries are defective". LMAO... So I told them to send me a new one and they are. We'll see how the new one goes

This is why I'm weary of purchasing batteries from places like eBay and Amazon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I got the new battery today... So, should I a) Just plug it in tonight on my nightstand with the phone off and let it charger for 7-8hrs? or b) Do I put it in now and let it drain down to nothing and then charge it up?

I read conflicting ideas.. Some sites/forums say do (a) above and some say do (b)?? I'm confused!!

Hello_Robert

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I charged mine right out of the box with dr battery app.. it lasted almost three days... that was using the crap out of it.. good luck

:droid:

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I got the new battery today... So, should I a) Just plug it in tonight on my nightstand with the phone off and let it charger for 7-8hrs? or b) Do I put it in now and let it drain down to nothing and then charge it up?

I read conflicting ideas.. Some sites/forums say do (a) above and some say do (b)?? I'm confused!!

All these things people say about conditioning a battery and wiping battery stats and charging and discharging is really not important. Those are old ideas that were useful with older battery technologies. Just charge it up overnight and go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
nickacs how'd the amazon battery work? Ive had the motorola BW8X battery for about a year and it's starting to fade on me. Wondering if i should just replace it or roll the dice on the Amazon battery and its alleged 4200mAh...

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
nickacs how'd the amazon battery work? Ive had the motorola BW8X battery for about a year and it's starting to fade on me. Wondering if i should just replace it or roll the dice on the Amazon battery and its alleged 4200mAh...

Hi there... Been working great so far.. Had it for about a week now.. I didn't discharge it first time, I just charged it overnight and been working great. Only gotten down to 30% one time and that was after a whole day of some pretty heavy gaming use :)

alfonso2501

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got a big honkin' Mugen Power 4000mAh battery. I've only used it once on an all day hiking trip. It's big & heavy but it lasted 18+ hrs under heavy GPS usage!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance