Extended battery

Hale34

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I've seen batteries in a few different places but many of them have little or no reviews. Was wondering which extended battery the people on the forums here preferred for the Bionic.

I'm leaning toward the Motorola 2760mAh one on shopandroid (the 3500mAh looks almost too big to fit in my pocket). Thoughts on the battery life of the Motorola 2760 or other batteries?

Thanks!

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I bought my extended battery from amazon and it last all day with heavy use with enough juice left for about half the next day. Its the Motorola extended battery should be like $20 on amazon. I recommend the extended battery case too from amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

stefferpants

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I got a cheap one on ebay and it sucks lol. I'll be checking out Amazon now though thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

londonham

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the basic one from moto /Verizon. It is huge and bulky and make my phone about 3 times heavier. Just another perk of this awesome phone.

Hale34

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone!

The weight of the phone isn't a problem for me as long as it lasts longer.

I can take more weight or width on this phone. I've just read mixed reviews. Some love their extended batteries and some don't.

Just trying to get the most bang for my buck.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking at the Hyperion 4000 mAh extended battery on Amazon. I don't have any personal experience, but it's had enough good reviews about the battery/cover and the company's customer service that I'm willing to give them a shot.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Aren't they all still half-off from Verizon?

Batteries are the only things I tend to shy away from buying from places like Amazon of eBay. Ran into to many fakes before.

vegasvampire666

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah....the battery....I checked out a few on the internet..So many choices! TOO many! And a bigger case? Arrgh! My phone is big enough! I've learned to never leave the house without a full charge, and I also have a charger at work. This has worked out for me so far, and I put a battery widget on my home screen, so I see the amount of battery I have left in a 1-100% scale. A charger in the car couldnt hurt, but I dont travel much. The only other thing I might do is buy one of those back-up power supply units. But that would be for emergencies, I suppose.

rattler21

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I got the 2760 mah extended battery from verizon when I picked up my Bionic a year ago. It's wonderful to be able to use it all day long without any concern. I often switch back to the regular battery for a couple of weeks just to use the slimmer unit for a while. After having to closely monitor how much battery is left, it is pleasant to switch back to the bulkier unit and just use it as much as I want to. I definitely recommend it.:)

mjwalsh

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
On the 242 leak with official extended battery, I got an impressive 1 day and 12hrs of battery while on 4g with a lot of music streaming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,
So I just picked up the Bionic extended battery today and pop'ed it in immediately and it says 80%. I read an article that you should let it drain completely to where the phone turns off. But I've had the GPS on purposely and also played some games that normally sucks the battery quickly, but the battery still read 80% after about 5hrs?!?!? I even put it on the charger for about 10mins and still says 80%?!? The battery indicator at the top notification bar shows a "?" so guess it doesn't understand yet it's a new battery.

However, there's also many articles that say DO NOT discharge your new battery to 0% as this is bad for Li Ion batteries...UGG!?!

So, I'm not sure what I should do? Keep running apps to purposely drain the phone to die or put it on the charger tonight with the phone turned off for like 10hrs?

Thanks in advance!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
They are designed to cut off before they reach absolute 0%. Yes, it's bad to drop them to nothing, so they are designed to cut off before then as a safeguard. So you're fine to drain it until the phone shuts off.

Hale34

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Went with the popular choice here and battery life is great. The phone fits better in my hand as well.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, got up this morning and had a nice surprise. The phone won't turn on at all!?!? WTF... 3 posts up I explained how I bought the extended battery and put it in yesterday immediately and it said 80%. I played games and stuff on it purposely wanting to drain the battery till the phone shut off. Well, it did in like 6hrs.. So I plugged the phone to my charger overnight for about 8hrs and couldn't wait to turn it on this morning to a nice 100%.

Nope.. the phone is dead if not plugged up and if I plug it up to a charger and hit the power button it just shows the battery symbol with a big '?' inside it. Can't boot into recovery or nothing..

What the hell is going on here? Please help!! :)

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd charge it for a few minutes, then pull the charger and battery for 30 seconds. Reassemble and retry the start. If it starts up successfully, reapply power to complete the charge.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I emailed the seller via Amazon and they said "1 in 3 batteries are defective". LMAO... So I told them to send me a new one and they are. We'll see how the new one goes