Has Any One Rooted Their Bionic Yet?

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Have noticed a few on other boards that have. I've mentioned in other threads I'll probably wait until there is an SBF available to return to stock if need be.

Classic example of why ... from another board:

"Default Bionic NFL Mobile Force Close...

So I got my bionic today (its sweet!) - I rooted the second I got it home, ran the remove bloatware script... I'm not sure if NFL mobile was installed before I ran it or not, but it was not installed after the fact. I went to the market and installed it - Force Close immediately, every time I try to run it. I even rebooted and got the same problem.

Is this a problem with NFL mobile / Droid / or did I break something?"

Yeah, the guy did the old "Bull in the china shop" now he may have erased something important within the system files. A return-to-stock would be nice to undo the screw up.

antisniperspy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Have noticed a few on other boards that have. I've mentioned in other threads I'll probably wait until there is an SBF available to return to stock if need be.

So I got my bionic today (its sweet!) - I rooted the second I got it home, ran the remove bloatware script... I'm not sure if NFL mobile was installed before I ran it or not, but it was not installed after the fact. I went to the market and installed it - Force Close immediately, every time I try to run it. I even rebooted and got the same problem.

Yeah, the guy did the old "Bull in the china shop" now he may have erased something important within the system files. A return-to-stock would be nice to undo the screw up.

Agreed I will wait for the SBF.

KTamez

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

What if you're just freezing, not deleting? Run into an issue like that, just unfreeeze/defrost and you would be fine, right? Makes no sense to delete stuff IMO. there should be enough onboard memory that it can hang in there as long as I don't have to see that extra crap I'm happy, and if it speeds thing up in some areas bonus...

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
What if you're just freezing, not deleting? Run into an issue like that, just unfreeeze/defrost and you would be fine, right? Makes no sense to delete stuff IMO. there should be enough onboard memory that it can hang in there as long as I don't have to see that extra crap I'm happy, and if it speeds thing up in some areas bonus...

Yeah, if rooted I would just use Titanium to freeze/unfreeze. That guy ran a debloat script, written for another phone (albeit similar), and may have porked the system. Not saying that I have not done similar foolish things, but that is why I've learned ... have a way back.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted and everything is fine.

However, I cannot seem to restore any backups from Titanium Backup. It's showing as having nothing there.

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

However, I cannot seem to restore any backups from Titanium Backup. It's showing as having nothing there.

Probably a silly question, but did you transfer your TitaniumBackups folder over to the new phone?

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
New to Android OS, so after reading advice I'm waiting for a restore option as well. I'm comfortable with electronics, build my own computers, comfortable doing a lot of stuff, but still learning Android.

Can anyone direct me towards a root Wiki/FAQ on Android. Still need some of the terminology and understanding of all of it before I delve in.

For example, SBF?

wynterend

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my Bionic using the one click Droid 3 method, worked like a charm!

Installed Titanium Backup. Since I have purchased the pro version I went through freezing stuff - if I froze an app and the phone went wonky I unfroze and left it...

Using that method, here are the apps I've frozen with no issues:

Alarm & Timer 2.3.4
Android Live Wallpapers 2.3.4
Backup Assistant 2.3.4
Backup Assistant Client 1.0
Bookmarks Widget 2.3.4
[BOOKMARKS] Browser 2.3.4 -- this is the stock browser, I prefer Dolphin HD
Citrix Receiver 2.1.1059
City ID 1.1.7
Device Setup 1.0
Email 2.3.4
Email Authenticator 2.3.4 -- delete or freeze either of these and lose the stock email app
Files 2.3.4
GoToMeeting 1.0
Guided Tours 2.3.4
Help Center 2.3.4
Home screen tips 1.0
IM 3.0.4.6
IM Presence 2.3.4
Live Wallpaper Picker 2.3.4
Messaging 2.3.4
MOTOPRINT 2.0.0.38
News 2.3.4
Setup 2.3.4
Slacker 3.0.535
Social Location 2.0
Social Messaging 2.3.4
Social Networking 2.3.4
Social Status 2.3.4
Sticky note 2.3.4
Swype 3.21.87.27685
System Portal 2.3.4
Task Manager 10.0
Tasks 1.0
Toggle Widgets 2.3.4
Universal Inbox 2.3.4 -- there are 2, both can be safely deleted/frozen
V CAST Media Manager 4.4.1.0
V CAST Music 03.72.110
V CAST Tones 4.5.11
V CAST Videos 5.72.008
VideoSurf 1.0.10
VZ Navigator 7.2.0.353
Weather 2.3.4
Webtop 1.0
Webtop Connector 1.0 -- if you're going to use webtop obviously don't touch these!
World Clock 1.0

Much cleaner App Drawer! :cool:

CAP201109081601.png

mzimand

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I got my phone at 9am this morning and was rooted by 9:15am. This is my 5th rooted Android Device and by far the easiest to Root. I used the one click method.

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my Bionic using the one click Droid 3 method, worked like a charm!

Installed Titanium Backup. Since I have purchased the pro version I went through freezing stuff - if I froze an app and the phone went wonky I unfroze and left it...

Using that method, here are the apps I've frozen with no issues:

Alarm & Timer 2.3.4
Android Live Wallpapers 2.3.4
Backup Assistant 2.3.4
Backup Assistant Client 1.0
Bookmarks Widget 2.3.4
[BOOKMARKS] Browser 2.3.4 -- this is the stock browser, I prefer Dolphin HD
Citrix Receiver 2.1.1059
City ID 1.1.7
Device Setup 1.0
Email 2.3.4
Email Authenticator 2.3.4 -- delete or freeze either of these and lose the stock email app
Files 2.3.4
GoToMeeting 1.0
Guided Tours 2.3.4
Help Center 2.3.4
Home screen tips 1.0
IM 3.0.4.6
IM Presence 2.3.4
Live Wallpaper Picker 2.3.4
Messaging 2.3.4
MOTOPRINT 2.0.0.38
News 2.3.4
Setup 2.3.4
Slacker 3.0.535
Social Location 2.0
Social Messaging 2.3.4
Social Networking 2.3.4
Social Status 2.3.4
Sticky note 2.3.4
Swype 3.21.87.27685
System Portal 2.3.4
Task Manager 10.0
Tasks 1.0
Toggle Widgets 2.3.4
Universal Inbox 2.3.4 -- there are 2, both can be safely deleted/frozen
V CAST Media Manager 4.4.1.0
V CAST Music 03.72.110
V CAST Tones 4.5.11
V CAST Videos 5.72.008
VideoSurf 1.0.10
VZ Navigator 7.2.0.353
Weather 2.3.4
Webtop 1.0
Webtop Connector 1.0 -- if you're going to use webtop obviously don't touch these!
World Clock 1.0

Much cleaner App Drawer! :cool:

CAP201109081601.png

LOL, nice list. Your app drawer probably looks like a gymnasium with 4 lonely chairs sitting in the middle of the floor.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21