Droid Bionic: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Not looking at the apps folder I posted at the moment. Is there an ODEX for the toggle widget?

Edit: your bloatware folder should be /sdcard not /bloatware.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Okay back at my computer. Try unzipping the apk and odex in this zip to your /system/app folder. Run through my change permissions procedure in post #1, reboot, and try again. If it's still not there go back and verify the permissions.

Ghost070

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work after placing the second set of togglewidget files back in the /system/apps folder, changing the permissions, and rebooting.

hyorigajjang#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
ok well i have found out that the folder to my external sd card is actually called "sdcard-ext". I think the regular sdcard folder is internal memory? im not sure. Not sure if this is why ppls backsup have been disappearing

and some of the apps have different names.
nfl mobile is called 'com.mobitv.client.nfl2010.apk'
vzw navigator is called 'vzw_vnav_DROIDBIONIC_rel_PROD_signed.apk

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So I haven't gotten to the bottom of my battery issue woes yet, but according to Battery Stats Social Location is still using 96% of my battery despite me opening the application and turning it "off."

I noticed that one person froze that app using TB, is anybody else doing this or has anybody tried their luck at deleting it?

Brandon

rockstar323

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
So I haven't gotten to the bottom of my battery issue woes yet, but according to Battery Stats Social Location is still using 96% of my battery despite me opening the application and turning it "off."

I noticed that one person froze that app using TB, is anybody else doing this or has anybody tried their luck at deleting it?

Brandon

I have it froze and haven't had any issues.

yomito

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm simple.

I accidentally deleted the yahoocontacts.apk.

I followed your instructions as such.

1. Download bionic files and transferred the two yahoo files (apk and odex) to the system/apps

2. Set permissions. Clicked to install.

3. All the requested permissions in the install box had orange triangles, clicked install and I get the error message that the install failed.

Can you please explain how to reinstall the yahoocontacts.apk?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Download the attached file and follow the procedure I posted in post #1 for restoring an app. If that doesn't work, I have a much larger download you might need to use instead. Try this first though.

davidmyers

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm simple.

I accidentally deleted the yahoocontacts.apk.

I followed your instructions as such.

1. Download bionic files and transferred the two yahoo files (apk and odex) to the system/apps

2. Set permissions. Clicked to install.

3. All the requested permissions in the install box had orange triangles, clicked install and I get the error message that the install failed.

Can you please explain how to reinstall the yahoocontacts.apk?

I'm in the same boat because I un-installed YahooContacts before I saw this thread.

Download the attached file and follow the procedure I posted in post #1 for restoring an app. If that doesn't work, I have a much larger download you might need to use instead. Try this first though.

I tried this and it's not working. Do you know of any way to re-install the apk?

yomito

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Corey,

Thank you for the response.

I followed the method in post #1 (tried it twice). Each time the result was the same. I restart the phone, and open yahoocontacts.apk in root explorer. The prompt to install appears, and I click install.

For a split second, the phone tries to do something, then I get the error message that the install has failed.

Might it be because it is trying to use files that are already in use?

What is your other method of possibly fixing this issue?

Thanks in advance :)

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using TB Pro to freeze my bloatware, but half the apps listed above are not listed in the TB freezable list, do some of these only show up the Boot Reader program?

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything that I could have froze that would disable MMS messages from being sent/received? They worked fine before, but I am not sure if its just a coincidence. I defrosted things that could possibly make sense, but nothing worked. MMS messages still won't send.

Last edited:

davidmyers

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So I found what I need to get my phone fixed. I found this link: Droid Bionic Receives Fastboot Recovery Files - BriefMobile and I followed the instructions to flash the phone using RSD Lite (that way none of my data/apps got erased).

This did a fresh install of all of the original apps that came with the phone and left everything else untouched. The perfect solution if like me you just accidentally un-installed something you shouldn't have.

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a quick question. If I freeze applications and then unroot will all those programs defrost since I no longer have root permissions? It seems like I cannot get picture messaging to work while I am rooted. Someone else said they unrooted and all as fine via google search.

If everything WILL defrost then I guess I will delete them permanently. Someone let me know. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown