Droid Bionic: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted

keeham

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
"Do not remove any file starting with VzWBA (related to Verizon Backup Manager). Your Bionic may possibly croak. It has happened in the past, so until I get further verification that removal does not cause issues, I am not placing it in the safe to remove category."

But yet the first three files on the first list are such files. What am I missing

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I actually would NOT delete or remove any apps from the Bionic. It was hell trying to fix my phone to be able to receive updates. I removed somethings by accident....I froze some apps and then forgot to unfreeze before I did a factory restore. I don't even freeze apps now, I just hide them with a launcher like GO Ex or Adw Ex. I just leave stock as it is.

aviman123

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
This may have been answered but really dont feel like looking through this whole forum so sorry if it was said
1. If i freeze all the social stuff will that affect any of the apps i would use (messages Facebook app ect.)
2. if someone could either link or just type what the main like stock apps that just kill your battery i could care less if they took up the storage but i do care about battery so if anyone could just write the apps to freeze to save battery life.
Thanks

haroonshafa

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have tried this by moving an app file, from /system/app to the SD card, The app disappears from the app drawer, but after moving back the app from SD card to the /system/app, it is not showing in the app drawer and also not giving any popup that allows to change permissions.

Please guide me...

I'm using HTC Desire handset and the appl used is "Root Explorer"

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm using TB to freeze rather than move apps, but share the difficulty that others are experiencing when it comes to identifying them in TB's fairly cryptic list. If I had my druthers, I'd like to freeze the following:

• Google+
  • Local
  • Messenger
  • Mobile Hotspot

I'd also still like to find a way to keep frozen apps from trying to update. There are now 15 apps that come up at least once a day to ask for an update, and it's annoying.

Burdmann

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm using TB to freeze rather than move apps, but share the difficulty that others are experiencing when it comes to identifying them in TB's fairly cryptic list. If I had my druthers, I'd like to freeze the following:

• Google+
  • Local
  • Messenger
  • Mobile Hotspot

I'd also still like to find a way to keep frozen apps from trying to update. There are now 15 apps that come up at least once a day to ask for an update, and it's annoying.

Just go into Google Play settings and uncheck notify me when apps are available for update. Thats what I did now no more pop ups daily at least.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Just go into Google Play settings and uncheck notify me when apps are available for update. Thats what I did now no more pop ups daily at least.
Thanks. I don't mind the notifications so much as the fact that apps continue to ask for updates even though they're frozen.

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Cory, I tried to download the bionic apps from the link you posted on the first page, but it sends me to sign a petition. Is there anywhere else i can download it? or is it possible you can send me the file?

Thank you for your time.

Ryan Rodriguez

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
so, i deleted VZWPhoneService.apk because i was told to cause i was having a minor issue and was only running the phone via wifi while im deployed overseas. well, i factory reset my phone later and i feel that this app being gone is causing my problems that im now having, it wont recognize any sim card for activation. and so i cant activate my phone or use it in any way. is there any way to put this file back on my phone via my computer since i cant exactly use root explorer right now?

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there a current list of items that are safe to freeze/remove from JB? It looks like the list that started this thread is completely missing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463