07-19-2016 04:55 AM
194 ... 45678
tools
    it worked, thats exactly the step by step i was looking for. They should make that the new sticky. SO much easier to understand for people that are morons to this stuff like me.
    02-21-2012 06:23 PM
    it worked, thats exactly the step by step i was looking for. They should make that the new sticky. SO much easier to understand for people that are morons to this stuff like me.
    Glad it worked, enjoy!
    02-21-2012 06:27 PM
    after i rooted, it had installed this thing called mog and slingbox and i cant delete from normal user level. they're just commercials and i want to delete them. but i wanted to make sure it wasnt anything neccessary that needed to go with the rooting crap.
    02-21-2012 07:14 PM
    after i rooted, it had installed this thing called mog and slingbox and i cant delete from normal user level. they're just commercials and i want to delete them. but i wanted to make sure it wasnt anything neccessary that needed to go with the rooting crap.
    The MOG and slingbox, came with the last Verizon Update, so those were there before you rooted.

There is an app called Titanium Backup that you can get from the market. Well worth the money to pay.

Use Titanium and "freeze" the apps that you can't uninstall conventionally. Remember you want to FREEZE the apps not delete them, as I had to learn the hard way.....LOL
    02-21-2012 07:21 PM
    i have the free one, but I dont know what i should or shouldnt freeze. I was looking over the sticky list that was provided, and it was just a lil intimidating haha
    02-21-2012 07:31 PM
    i have the free one, but I dont know what i should or shouldnt freeze. I was looking over the sticky list that was provided, and it was just a lil intimidating haha
    I would just start by looking in the app drawer and making note of the apps you don't want then start with those. The rest you can play with.

We you freeze and app, it doesn't disappear until after you reboot your phone
    02-21-2012 07:37 PM
    Get the titanium backup pro. Its worth every penny plus some! Install it before you root. I also installed dropbox for back up purposes as Titanium syncs with it. I also installed busybox as titanium recommends it. Follow the instructions at the begining of this thread just using this root. It has helped me alot. Im kind of a newbie rooter.

Follow the basic instructions of rooting. Set your usb connect to charge only, turn on debugging mode.

Its been running fantastic for me!
    OK, so I installed Titanium Backup and it said phone not rooted. It was my plan to backup the phone before I started to screw around with it. Did I dl the wrong version, or do I have to root the phone before I can back it up? Or was there a way to just continue? I stopped because I didn't want to take any chances. Thanks.
    02-22-2012 08:14 AM
    You have to be rooted first to run tibu. Go ahead and root, you can't screw anything up.

Tapatalked from my Bionic
    02-22-2012 12:11 PM
    You have to be rooted first to run tibu. Go ahead and root, you can't screw anything up.

Tapatalked from my Bionic
    Agreed, not sure the point of installing prior to rooting. There are other Apps in the Market that you can use to backup SMS messages if that's a concern.

But if done correctly, the root should not cause any data loss.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    02-22-2012 12:33 PM
    I'm getting ready to root my first phone, because I'd really like to get the newest version of swype.

The first instruction in this thread is 1. Download and install Motorola Drivers on your PC Download Here. But, when I do that, and go to run the file, I get the error "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor".

I'm fairly naive about this stuff, so could someone help me figure out what's going on?

Thanks
    02-27-2012 08:06 AM
    What operating system are you running

02-27-2012 09:14 AM
    I'm running Windows XP Pro + SP3 installed with Office 2007
    02-27-2012 10:09 AM
    The driver are meant for a 64bit machine. Do a Google search for Motorola drivers. Or simply plug your phone into you computer and see I'd the drivers might already be loaded.

02-27-2012 10:18 AM
    No need to go thru all that yall. Copinli posted in another thread this link:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

This WILL root the .902 update even if you were not rooted before. It's quick & easy peasy!!!

Just have TB installed & ready then use this link to root .902!!!

And then you can freeze or get rid of all this new bloat they put in.

This took less than 5 minutes to install on my bionic.
    Running .902 and this worked for me. Got SU App and ready to start freezing some bloatware in the morning....Thanks.
    annabee14 likes this.
    03-05-2012 12:00 AM
    This may have been answered but really dont feel like looking through this whole forum so sorry if it was said
    1. If i freeze all the social stuff will that affect any of the apps i would use (messages Facebook app ect.)
    2. if someone could either link or just type what the main like stock apps that just kill your battery i could care less if they took up the storage but i do care about battery so if anyone could just write the apps to freeze to save battery life.
    Thanks
    03-21-2012 10:23 PM
    I am trying to root my Bionic and in following the instructions I am trying to install the Motorola drivers (Ver 5.2.0) and I get a message that can not install because a newer version of the product is already installed. When I look at my installed programs (Win 7 64 bit) I see that I have MotoHelper 2.1.32 Driver 5.4.0 installed.

Please advise on how I should proceed.
    03-25-2012 01:13 PM
    Does anyone have this same problem, any suggestions? I could uninstall Motorola drivers ver. 5.4 and then install 5.2 but do not know if that is a good solution.

Please advise suggestions
    03-27-2012 09:11 PM
    Does anyone have this same problem, any suggestions? I could uninstall Motorola drivers ver. 5.4 and then install 5.2 but do not know if that is a good solution.

Please advise suggestions
    Neil, did you try just plugging your phone into your computer? If you have the drivers installed already, then you should be able to move to the next step.
    03-28-2012 03:55 PM
    Yes, I had it plugged in. I believe I followed the instructions very carefully. When I tried installing the drivers from the root instructions it said that I had more up to date drivers and therefore would not install the "old drivers". I then tried using the root program and it finds the phone, reboots the phone, modifying local.prop, then reboots phone, then adding su, busybox, and superuser.apk then it fails and get message Error: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop methos
    03-28-2012 04:11 PM
    I heard from the developer of root program (pete) and he said it no longer works. Please provide link for rooting that works
    03-28-2012 06:45 PM
    i think this already posted here somewhere but here it is and it worked for me, [GUIDE][N00B]Step-By-Step ROOT/Update/ROM Instructions + 902 Update Info (3/27/12) - xda-developers , and good luck!!!!!
    03-30-2012 01:39 AM
    ive been trying to root my new droid bionic and it keeps failing with both types of root tools. i have win 7 64 bit. and using that tool after step 2 and its restart i get an auto fail (adding su,busybox and superuser. apk FAIL!
    error adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method.

using the windows xp tool pretty much all of step 2 and 3 are fails tried the command prompt method and i can get as far as getting the $
    anything after that says they are readable files only..
    HELP??
    03-30-2012 09:25 PM
    Im getting the same local.prop error on my brand new Bionic too..... i dont NEED root but now im just determined.
    04-05-2012 07:11 AM
    Im having a problem with the root process (Step 3) my android version is 2.3.4 and the last step fails only to be read as ABD wasant able to get access to some local file...

Help please Im using a Droid Bionic if the problem is with the phone
    06-09-2012 03:25 PM
    what's MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe?
    06-11-2012 07:20 PM
194 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD