How to Root the Droid Bionic

Joshcornkid

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Droid Bionic .893 DID NOT ROOT. In step 3 of the process I got an error about permissions. Luckily I was able to do a factory reset, and the phone did not brick.
-Bionic Users beware! I tried "MotorolaOneClick", "PetesOneClick" and the "All In One Root" from the guys over at AF and after following the instructions to the 'T' was not able to root my phone.

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem after I applied the 5.5.893 update. It says:
"adb could be granted root accessa via local.prop method"
Then it says the exploit may have been closed.
I guess I will live without root until someone figures out how to get around this.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hard reset? You mean factory reset? Why do you want to remove ota updates?

Sent from my Ic3d Kin3txed Bionic with Hon3y

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I see the instructions on rooting my Bionic and they seem very straight forward. There is also a statement which says "MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe can also be used to unroot the Bionic". Where do I get MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe and does it get me back to factory conditions or to the way my phone was just prior to rooting? Please give me more information. I new to Android (but not a novice to PC's or smart phones) and heve never rooted a phone so I am trying to know more about it before I proceed.

canbymontes

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of a factory reset to remove OTA updates, if it will remove them so I can proceed with root. I tried to root and was not able to root since the error I recieved "exploit closed", possible result from OTA updates..
Unless someone knows of another way to root a bionic!

angman619

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
tried to root got this message

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed.

Drafter15

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

I got this error 3 times after i followed the instructions to the letter. HELP!!!

teamsterguy

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay I am new to this so I use pete's tool and it said that I had the honeycomb version that cannot be done.. so with that new update on the honeycomb is there a way around it.... please help me.. I have been at this for the last 4 hours please I am a newbie

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ask and ye shall receive - if you're on 5.5.893 OS, there are a couple of ways to do this -

this, http://forums.androidcentral.com/bi...5-updated-lost-root-1-click-root-working.html

and/or, go over to rootzwiki and do a search for ROTA893 from user realbbb. Both of them are known to work.

If you're on a Mac, go to the rootzwiki thread "Released..." and download the latest "bionicrestorer" from CRPeck - this works as well on 893 (I can personally vouch for this one).

So all is not lost.... ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20