hey guys i have a rooted bionic and have got rid of the bloatware. but my phone keeps powering itself off. i was told this was a known issue but what causes it? also my phone battery life after taking it off the charger at 100 percent within two hours will go down to eighty percent any reason why?
    09-15-2011 09:00 AM
    May have removed a peice of required bloatware.

------------------------------------------
    Sent from my Motorola Photon using Tapatalk
    09-15-2011 09:16 AM
    How did you remove bloat? Freeze with titanium backup or move/rename them? If you moved/renamed or froze one that is used by the OS you will get reboots or force close loops. Try undoing what you did for the bloat and test to see which ones you can freeze/remove without having the same issue.

With regards to your battery life this may also be contributed to the reboots. Rebooting the phone chews a good chunk of battery life (thats why whenever I reboot mine if I need to I find a plug lol). I rooted mine as well and removed/froze bloat and my battery life roughly stayed the same, I can't fully tell because the first 2 days I had it, I was in an area with full signal and perfect WiFi pretty much all day and now that I am back in classes signal filters back and forth between good and bad and I can't connect to our campus WiFi.
    09-15-2011 09:16 AM
    hey guys i have a rooted bionic and have got rid of the bloatware. but my phone keeps powering itself off. i was told this was a known issue but what causes it? also my phone battery life after taking it off the charger at 100 percent within two hours will go down to eighty percent any reason why?
    How did you "get rid of" the bloat? Delete? Move? Freeze? People need to know to help you. Include which stuff you removed if you want help diagnosing. Did you backup everything before you did that? Details are your friend if you need help!

I don't know of any power off issue, my phone hasn't done that once, and yes I'm rooted and froze all my bloatware. As for battery, how much are you using it? I can easily get mine down to 80% from a full charge in less than 2 hours if I'm playing with it a bunch. Include details from your battery menu that show what programs/processes are eating up your battery and their percentages.
    09-15-2011 09:17 AM
    How did you "get rid of" the bloat? Delete? Move? Freeze? People need to know to help you. Include which stuff you removed if you want help diagnosing. Did you backup everything before you did that? Details are your friend if you need help!

I don't know of any power off issue, my phone hasn't done that once, and yes I'm rooted and froze all my bloatware. As for battery, how much are you using it? I can easily get mine down to 80% from a full charge in less than 2 hours if I'm playing with it a bunch. Include details from your battery menu that show what programs/processes are eating up your battery and their percentages.
    Bolded part is very true. Even though this battery life is one of the better experience I have had with any other Droid phone it still does not have superb battery life. Don't forget, this beast has a dual core tegra chip with a 4G LTE radio running off a cell phone battery. Don't expect more than a day use out of it even with light usage.

What you can try also for battery life after you fix you rebooting and bloat issues is download battery calibrator from the market (its free) and charge your phone to 100% and run that to reset your battery stats.
    09-15-2011 09:19 AM
    sorry if i dont have all the details thanks a bunch for the feedback you guys are being too kind. i deleted bloatware according to a list i found on here which included a system dump file. i am pretty sure my battery problem was because i had to pull my battery to power phone back on. maybe i should unroot and re root and try that. input from you guys is much needed so thank you and if you have anything else to add im all ears.
    09-15-2011 09:27 AM
    sorry if i dont have all the details thanks a bunch for the feedback you guys are being too kind. i deleted bloatware according to a list i found on here which included a system dump file. i am pretty sure my battery problem was because i had to pull my battery to power phone back on. maybe i should unroot and re root and try that. input from you guys is much needed so thank you and if you have anything else to add im all ears.
    If you deleted bloatware I don't think unrooting would solve you problem, I am unaware of any recovery yet to put the Bionic back to factory settings with all apps intact. Did you actually DELETE them or did you just move them to your SD Card?
    09-15-2011 09:29 AM
    The 2 sticky's at the top of this page are the only resource you should use to determine what bloat you can get rid of.. and in there it tells you NOT to delete. Hoping you meant to say you MOVED them, per the instructions Cory laid out..
    09-15-2011 09:33 AM
    nope i totally deleted them lol it said on a thread on here that i could delete them with no issues there was a list of ones to delete and ones not to delete. i also have a deodexed system dump file i can apply and that would put back all the system files that were there when i bought the phone correct? its not a major issue i guess i love my bionic just cant wait for some roms to come out. i am still very new at this. thanks for your help people.
    09-15-2011 09:37 AM
    nope i totally deleted them lol it said on a thread on here that i could delete them with no issues there was a list of ones to delete and ones not to delete. i also have a deodexed system dump file i can apply and that would put back all the system files that were there when i bought the phone correct? its not a major issue i guess i love my bionic just cant wait for some roms to come out. i am still very new at this. thanks for your help people.
    Ughhh...

Especially if you are new at this.. you should make sure you know what you're doing. READ.. RESEARCH.. QUESTION..

I don't think there are any "official" threads that tell you to delete anything. So you might have read some random guy's post that said it was ok.. you need to question these things and ask yourself why all the mods' posts and all the FAQ's are advising one way, why listen to the unknown guy in the back alley who's telling you to do something else? Especially if you're new at this... I'm sure very experienced folk can get away with more.

Yes I'm trying to be hard on you because people need to be smarter and more careful with their investments. I don't know about restoring everything, hopefully someone here can help you though. That's another thing you should have made sure you knew could be done and how to do it before you started tinkering around.
    09-15-2011 09:44 AM
    Ughhh...

Especially if you are new at this.. you should make sure you know what you're doing. READ.. RESEARCH.. QUESTION..

I don't think there are any "official" threads that tell you to delete anything. So you might have read some random guy's post that said it was ok.. you need to question these things and ask yourself why all the mods' posts and all the FAQ's are advising one way, why listen to the unknown guy in the back alley who's telling you to do something else? Especially if you're new at this... I'm sure very experienced folk can get away with more.

Yes I'm trying to be hard on you because people need to be smarter and more careful with their investments. I don't know about restoring everything, hopefully someone here can help you though. That's another thing you should have made sure you knew could be done and how to do it before you started tinkering around.
    i thought i had done my research and i am pretty sure there was a thread it wasnt just some random guy putting in his two cents. i appreciate you not slaughtering me though. it should be fine i will find a solution and i do really appreciate your input. if i can find a link to the thread i am speaking of i will post it so maybe you could check it out. i have to get back to work so it will be in a bit ok thanks again everyone.
    09-15-2011 09:59 AM
    i thought i had done my research and i am pretty sure there was a thread it wasnt just some random guy putting in his two cents. i appreciate you not slaughtering me though. it should be fine i will find a solution and i do really appreciate your input. if i can find a link to the thread i am speaking of i will post it so maybe you could check it out. i have to get back to work so it will be in a bit ok thanks again everyone.
    Wish you luck. Someone here can hopefully help. If not try contacting @P3droid on twitter he seems to have a lot of experience with this already.
    09-15-2011 10:06 AM
    Ughhh...

I am sorry to be hard on you as well but unfortunately it is the only way to learn sometimes. My self, first time I rooted a phone I literally read every mod post, every guide, and every problem that could occur and I still was extremely careful. I don't consider myself and expert by any means, but I know what I should and shouldn't do when it comes to tinkering with an expensive phone. Here is my two cents in the matter...

Never, EVER delete bloat when you root your phone for 2 reasons... 1. You will have issues like you are having now and 2. You loose the ability to receive OTA updates if they are gone forever. If they are moved or frozen you can just undo those and boom good to go.

Also, whoever told you to delete these applications even though we have a locked boot loader and have no way to restore to factory default doesn't seem like a credible source. Every moderator or respectable forum poster would know that if there is no fail-safe back to default method you will need to take every precaution there is and deleting system applications that came on the phone would not be cautious at all.

Again, I apologize for getting on your back with 2defmouze but he is right, sometimes you need to be harsh to get a point across.
    tommymac1039 likes this.
    09-15-2011 10:10 AM
    awesome thanks for the tip. also do you know if i apply a system dump (deodexed) will it replace all the stuff i have deleted? so i can start from scratch again. do you know much about system dump zip files and how they work and such?
    09-15-2011 10:20 AM
    hey no harm done your arent really getting on my back at all. thanks for your help guys i'll get it worked out hopefully. if not i think i will live and learn so thanks.
    09-15-2011 10:26 AM
    awesome thanks for the tip. also do you know if i apply a system dump (deodexed) will it replace all the stuff i have deleted? so i can start from scratch again. do you know much about system dump zip files and how they work and such?
    My self no I do not but I would wait or PM a mod for something like that.
    09-15-2011 10:32 AM