Question for those that have rooted...

Insidian

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys experience all the bugs us non-rooted users experience, such as the bsod, random reboots, apps disappearing, headphone whine etc? If if decide to keep the Bionic I will probably root, just curious if this would fix some of the issues the phone has.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys experience all the bugs us non-rooted users experience, such as the bsod, random reboots, apps disappearing, headphone whine etc? If if decide to keep the Bionic I will probably root, just curious if this would fix some of the issues the phone has.

The act of rooting is not going to change any bugs your phone has. Before I rooted I experienced none of the bugs you describe. Same with after. Actually to be honest I've recently experienced disappearing apps for the first time but it had nothing to do with whether or not I was rooted. Its some bug within the phone having something to do with the way Moto decided to label the internal/external storage... long story short, rooting alone shouldn't affect any bugs you have. If you're experiencing random reboots or something seriously problematic such as that, you should probably exchange for a new unit because the one you have is likely defective.

Insidian

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Well, I was hoping that removing all the bloat might remove some apps that could potentially be causing some of the problems we have been experiencing.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well as far as I can guess, the problems you describe "bsod, random reboots, apps disappearing, headphone whine" are likely not caused by any of the bloat.. again, my guess. While we're at is what is bsod?

Insidian

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
It's a play on the old blue screen of death from desktop pc's, here it means black screen of death. People have been having problems with the Bionic locking up when it goes into sleep mode, and having to do a battery pull to get the device going again.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's a play on the old blue screen of death from desktop pc's, here it means black screen of death. People have been having problems with the Bionic locking up when it goes into sleep mode, and having to do a battery pull to get the device going again.

Oh I see. Yeah, again, my bionic has been pretty much glitch-free, but those problems definitely sound like a defective unit if you are getting all of that so I would just bring it in for a new one.

Insidian

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Oh I see. Yeah, again, my bionic has been pretty much glitch-free, but those problems definitely sound like a defective unit if you are getting all of that so I would just bring it in for a new one.

Normally I would agree, but many people have done that and still had the issues with the new one. This is why I am inclined to believe it is a software issue of some kind.

idefiler6

Banned
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was hoping that removing all the bloat might remove some apps that could potentially be causing some of the problems we have been experiencing.

This is information you should put in the OP next time. Just rooting does nothing but give you access, it's a far cry from freezing apps, bloat, etc. Specifics are a MUST when asking for help or advice.

Insidian

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Cool deal, thanks for the responses. I do believe I've decided to keep the Bionic, so it looks like I'll be rooting it this weekend.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
it's a brand new model with brand new software. give it time and there will be patches.

i've had glitches on my evo the whole entire time i had it from day one. it didn't bother me to want to take the phone back.

XIxBloodShotxIX

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
When I rooted, and started running a new Rom, I havent had anything "crash" once. It is lovely. Nothing has stopped working randomly, and forced me to quit. But that was after I restored a different Rom, rooting wont do anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech