[Q] Need help with wallpaper behind translucent notification bar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I know there is a lot of interest in having a translucent notification bar, and so I've MetaMorphed mine to translucent from droidpirate. It is translucent, but looks black because the wallpaper does not extend to behind the notification bar. I've found workarounds to extend the wallpaper behind the status bar in custom launchers for other phones, but none of them have worked for me on the Bionic.

I'm new to skinning and I've tried to read up on this particular issue, but I'm hoping someone with more experience can put me on the correct path.

Thanks,
Jason

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Q] Need help with wallpaper behind translucent notification

What resolution are you at?

I'm guessing you mean the wallpaper I'm using? I'm not sure, it doesn't tell me in picture info, but the screen is qHD on the Bionic and the wallpaper was downloaded from HD Wallpapers app, and when set, I'm forced to crop it to the stock wallpaper size I'm guessing. Hmm, maybe the cropping is the issue! I wonder if it is possible to set wallpapers a different way.

Vato805

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm guessing you mean the wallpaper I'm using? I'm not sure, it doesn't tell me in picture info, but the screen is qHD on the Bionic and the wallpaper was downloaded from HD Wallpapers app, and when set, I'm forced to crop it to the stock wallpaper size I'm guessing. Hmm, maybe the cropping is the issue! I wonder if it is possible to set wallpapers a different way.
i make all my custom wallpapers in photoshop the size is
1080px by 960px
because sometimes wallpaper making apps or off or what not.

i got the size by opening the wallpapers pre-installed on the bionic itself and verified online throughout different forums, and it covers the whole screen.

i just email the pictures to my fone or sd card them and you set them thru the galler on the phone

there are limitless online sites that let you resize online if you dont have photoshop!

i keep the resolution at 150dpi for the sharper HD screens

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

So, you can say for sure your wallpapers at the screen's resolution does cover the area behind the notification bar? Gallery doesn't make you crop it?

Vato805

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

So, you can say for sure your wallpapers at the screen's resolution does cover the area behind the notification bar? Gallery doesn't make you crop it?
I can promise you that it does!
yes gallery does make me crop it, but if its at the correct resolution i just expand the yellow box around the whole picture and it doesnt crop anything out

Reactions: JaBr1884@yahoo.com
Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, I think you are right, the wallpaper cropping isn't the issue. Someone on another forum (Mbk) believes the issue is how some xml file aligns the wallpaper, which would take some manipulating.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma