What root apps are you running?

Sn0Wyte

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Alrite Ive finally got my Bionic fully re-rooted and up and running thanks to this great forum (long time troll, new member)

Ive frozen all the bloat with Titanium, and am looking for more things to add/remove?

So what are some good ROOT only apps/tricks youve installed that are Bionic specific/oriented?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Root explorer, tried to avoid buying it for a while because I didn't see the need to spend money on it when there are free ones, but honestly for the few bucks it really does the job better than anything else, IMO. And comes in so much handy when you need to find files or start screwing around with new ROMs and such and need to move things around/change permissions/etc.

The MIUI (sp?) camera app... much quicker and simpler than the stock one. Find the thread down below somewhere, its easy to install (once you've got that root explorer :)) and you can leave the stock blur camera installed right alongside it so if you ever want to use that one for say the front-facing camera (not yet available in the miui app) or the panorama shots or whatever, you can just pop that one open instead.

I've got some screenshot program on there.. don't even know which one lol, I hardly use it but nice to have, you can find many free in the market and probably better to just test them out and see what you like best.

Team black hat app... again theres a thread about it not far down the list... read up on it and see if you need it, its not a necessity, IMO, but others will tell you otherwise, so make up your own mind :)

The "meat and potatoes", if you will, is the th3ory ROM I've got flashed ([ROM] [R3]BLURR3D V1.8 PBX MOTO Kernel (10/17/2011)). Made the entire system run so much quicker/smoother, boots up faster, battery life is incredible... yadda yadda theres a lot of good to say about the ROM, read the thread on it also in here and the one I linked you to and decide if you want to go for it.. I was nervous as I had never done ROMs before but I'm REALLY glad I did.

That's actually more or less it for me.. want to see what others suggest myself as I don't give much thought to it and I'm still a novice with android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay